• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Conversations in GMail App

D

Deleted User

When I am viewing messages in a conversation in the GMail app, I cannot see the entire message. The part I don't see is usually the quoted text, so it isn't that big of a deal.

However, there are some forums where I get instant email notification of a new post on a thread. The link in the email to go to the thread isn't shown as a clickable URL. If I am receiving the first notification email, it is fine, I can click on the link. But when there are multiple replies, even though I delete old notifications, it still shows up in a conversation view and won't let me click the URL.

So, my question is: is there a way to view the entire message in a conversation thread? Currently I have to either switch to the HTC mail app and download via IMAP or go to the GMail's mobile webpage.

Thanks.

When you have multiple emails back and forth, gmail will hide the previous one. But you will notice at the top that it says X read messages. X is the number of email between you two. Click on that and you should see the other emails. You will notice that it will only show you part of the message, you then have to press or click on the name and it will expand the email.

Reactions: fried chicken
Upvote 0
When you have multiple emails back and forth, gmail will hide the previous one. But you will notice at the top that it says X read messages. X is the number of email between you two. Click on that and you should see the other emails. You will notice that it will only show you part of the message, you then have to press or click on the name and it will expand the email.

Thanks. Using the above method I was able to access the link in the first message in the thread. All the others are cut off, but at least I don't have to leave the Gmail app to click the link (before I was either downloading in the HTC mail app or going to gmail in my web browser).

Upvote 0
Set up the Stock email app on your screen, that is the one with the white and Grey envelope, not the red Gmail one, and set it up with your Gmail account, that uses the server for your email and you will see full text of your emails with that app, the other one is a lite version and does not use the server, hope that helps

Upvote 0
Set up the Stock email app on your screen, that is the one with the white and Grey envelope, not the red Gmail one, and set it up with your Gmail account, that uses the server for your email and you will see full text of your emails with that app, the other one is a lite version and does not use the server, hope that helps

Thanks
I was hoping the Android Gmail app could do this somehow. The HTC app is inferior in many other was IMHO...
I thought about setting it up, but This is a minor annoyance that I can live with. Having the HTC app running would mean double notifications and more hassle.
If I really need to check the quoted text I'll go to the web app and do it there.
I hope they'll fix this though...

Upvote 0
You can disable the notification of the Gmail one, I have both and no issues

Thanks
I was hoping the Android Gmail app could do this somehow. The HTC app is inferior in many other was IMHO...
I thought about setting it up, but This is a minor annoyance that I can live with. Having the HTC app running would mean double notifications and more hassle.
If I really need to check the quoted text I'll go to the web app and do it there.
I hope they'll fix this though...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones