• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cool apps and games and compatability with GT540

soulclaimed

Sep 11, 2010
Hey guys and gals although I already posted part of this on another thread I thought I'd create a thread dedicated to games and apps and their compatability. I will update when I try new games and apps, and if anybody would like to add their favourites or recomendations then that would be awesome. Also please correct me if im wrong some may not install due to memory.

no 2.1 yet but theres still some cool stuff we can use and maybe just maybe the non working may work with 2.1 :)

I CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADVERSE REACTION OR MOBILE PHONE ISSUES FROM USING THESE APPS

games that didnt work

nova (wish it did work check out videos on youtube looks awesome)
ModernCombat: (as bove)
Dungeon Hunter
hero of sparta
welcome to hell

monopoly here and now
gangstar 2
winds of steel
toon warz (3d shooter game, controls are difficult but work)
guitar hero world tour
raging thunder2
mystique chapter 1-3 3d horror game with lots of suspense
zenonia
tiger woods pga tour golf
spiderman toxic city
settlers
spider man toxic city
Wave blazer
ANGRY BIRDS LITE BETA (sometimes forced close when starting)
prince of persia
poke a mole
spore (addictive game)
bejeweled
baseball superstars

Asphault 3d streetrules is sketchy may just be where i got it from but the graphics were very glitchy

maybe with the 2.1 upgrade (if that ever happens) the others will be available

speedforge wont work, it loads fine but there is no button for acceleration
i will edit this from time to time with the games i've tried

speedforge demo has accelerometer acceleration and not button controlled so there may be a useable full version out there

APPS

If you really want to pimp out your phone or just have a bit of fun check out these apps.

PandaHome this is awesome when u know how to use it, basically its another home screen besides the built in android and lg ones and theres a number of themes available on android market, adds menu bars touch effects nicer icons and more

Ebuddy msn facebook chat, and more in one app

Astro file manager better file management system with search and bluetooth sending functions

MyPlayer Uk BBC Iplayer app

GVBA gameboy advanced emulator

quick settings switch between mobile internet and wifi options easily

Task Killer close apps running in the background to free up some ram

Fatty Booth take pictures of your friends and see what they would look like if they were mahoosive

Rare black wallpapers probably the coolest simple wallpapers I have seen.

Hey guys and gals although I already posted part of this on another thread I thought I'd create a thread dedicated to games and apps and their compatability. I will update when I try new games and apps, and if anybody would like to add their favourites or recomendations then that would be awesome. Also please correct me if im wrong some may not install due to memory.

no 2.1 yet but theres still some cool stuff we can use and maybe just maybe the non working may work with 2.1 :)

I CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADVERSE REACTION OR MOBILE PHONE ISSUES FROM USING THESE APPS

games that didnt work

nova (wish it did work check out videos on youtube looks awesome)
ModernCombat: (as bove)
Dungeon Hunter
hero of sparta
welcome to hell

monopoly here and now
gangstar 2
winds of steel
toon warz (3d shooter game, controls are difficult but work)
guitar hero world tour
raging thunder2
mystique chapter 1-3 3d horror game with lots of suspense
zenonia
tiger woods pga tour golf
spiderman toxic city
settlers
spider man toxic city
Wave blazer
ANGRY BIRDS LITE BETA (sometimes forced close when starting)
prince of persia
poke a mole
spore (addictive game)
bejeweled
baseball superstars

Asphault 3d streetrules is sketchy may just be where i got it from but the graphics were very glitchy

maybe with the 2.1 upgrade (if that ever happens) the others will be available

speedforge wont work, it loads fine but there is no button for acceleration
i will edit this from time to time with the games i've tried

speedforge demo has accelerometer acceleration and not button controlled so there may be a useable full version out there

APPS

If you really want to pimp out your phone or just have a bit of fun check out these apps.

PandaHome this is awesome when u know how to use it, basically its another home screen besides the built in android and lg ones and theres a number of themes available on android market, adds menu bars touch effects nicer icons and more

Ebuddy msn facebook chat, and more in one app

Astro file manager better file management system with search and bluetooth sending functions

MyPlayer Uk BBC Iplayer app

GVBA gameboy advanced emulator

quick settings switch between mobile internet and wifi options easily

Task Killer close apps running in the background to free up some ram

Fatty Booth take pictures of your friends and see what they would look like if they were mahoosive

Rare black wallpapers probably the coolest simple wallpapers I have seen.

Are the games, N.O.V.A, Gangsta and Modern Combat Sandstorm off the android market? When I try too look it up on sites like appbrain those games, they dont come up!

Upvote 0
------------------------after android 2.1 update------------------------

working

welcome to hell 3d zombie shooter

non working

nova (near orbit vanguard alliance) graphics wouldnt display correctly

modern combat sandstorm as above also closes after a few secs of gameplay with awful graphics

dungeon hunter

hero of sparta

others
live wallpapers are pretty awesome think they are a battery drain though

anyone else tested games that didnt work in 1.6?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones