• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Copy 2.1 To My SD Card And Restore

saved1992

May 24, 2011
I was wondering if i could get 2.1 in a zip file like i did 2.2 and restore my phone huawie ascend back to stock when i went to 2.2 ithought i backedup 2.1 but i didn't i've tried metro recovery it will start and cut off as soon as i start it. my phone says insert uim card what can i do. when i restore it it restore to c8500 i've doon this aleast 10 times 2.1 is not on my phone just 2.2 can you please help me thank you

I was wondering if i could get 2.1 in a zip file like i did 2.2 and restore my phone huawie ascend back to stock when i went to 2.2 ithought i backedup 2.1 but i didn't i've tried metro recovery it will start and cut off as soon as i start it. my phone says insert uim card what can i do. when i restore it it restore to c8500 i've doon this aleast 10 times 2.1 is not on my phone just 2.2 can you please help me thank you

Here is what you need:
http://androidforums.com/ascend-all-things-root/282038-how-flash-huawei-ascend-stock.html

Reactions: saved1992
Upvote 0
is placing the nandroid backup files into the sd directory just putting them on the sd card or putting them in a file on the sd card and do you extract the files first and how do i do the /nanroid/mem=211M/stock/ where do i put it I'm sorry if i'm making this hard

what windows are you running, xp, win 7? also when you fastboot the phone the drivers will install for fastboot from the phone, with windows 7 they will automactic install itself, and with win xp you have to go to device manager and delete adb android 1.0 than unplug your phone and plug it back in and you should get a promp or install wizard to install drivers.

reverting back to stock, ok power down the phone and download and extract this to your desktop MetroStockRecovery-SCRIPTS.zip after you done that press and hold vol down, end key and tap power, your phone should be on the white huawei screen and it should stay there, now open the folder that you extracted and run both of these file, first run fastboot-windows you will see a black box come and leave quick, next run metroPCSStock-windows.bat than another black box will pop up and it will do its thing, once it finishes the phone will automatic reboot itself.

Upvote 0
thats strange, did you extract/unzip the folder to your desktop?
do you have usb debugging on? because adbwinapi.dll is in that metro recovery script file, but if you didnt extract that folder and you tried running the script while its zip than thats maybe one reason you get that error.

you might want to try this first, uninstall and reinstall drivers http://www.mediafire.com/?j33yo9wy9bspm86

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones