• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Could the Droid Razr Maxx just be the newest addition to the Droid Razr "Family"?

Read an article days ago talking about the Maxx being the newest addition to the Droid Razr "family". Got me thinking.. what if this is just the first of many variations. Could we see a Droid Razr HD ( HD screen), Droid Razr Flic (13 mp camera), Droid Razr Quad (Quad core processor), Droid Razr Nexus (Super Razr, all of the above, plus Jellybean).

Now i made those up but if this is the route Motorolla is goin, there could be some serious buyers remorse going on. I plan on getting the Maxx this Saturday after waiting out on the Razr until now (thankfully).

But man i'd be pretty upset if two months from now the "Droid Razr HD" came out with 3300 mAh battery, 4.5 in HD screen, and all the specs from the original Razr.

What do you guys think?

Buying phones is a lot like buying video cards for your computer. You want the best and greatest... but you keep waiting because just around the corner you heard there is an even faster card coming out.

Sooner or later you just have to plop your money down and buy one. Because having one is better than not having one.

I hear you, i mean i like the Razr because if its build, and a 3300 mAh battery shouldn't be obselete anytime soon (Hopefully) so i think I'm just gonna drop the money.

Only thing is after i get this phone i don't think i'm going to read any rumors specs or anything about a different phone until my contract is almost up lol. I mean that's what i did with my Blackberry and its been holding me down ever since.

Upvote 0
It will be semi obsolete when the chineese version of the Maxx hits and throw in a quad core processor........
Other than that it should be fine........
I'm just debating wether or not I want to give up the sleekness of the Razr

Don't speak too soon..

"Motorola also wants to expand upon the Razr line of Droid Smartphones in 2012, and that plan has gone into effect already with the unveiling of the Razr Maxx."
-Link

Smh.. now i know there gonna come out with a Razr that has an HD display and i'm gonna be lucked out.

Why do this? Just come out with one Razr that sums up these features, whats the point of coming out with more than one razr in 2012.

Makes me want a whole different phone completely

Upvote 0
Don't speak too soon..

"Motorola also wants to expand upon the Razr line of Droid Smartphones in 2012, and that plan has gone into effect already with the unveiling of the Razr Maxx."
-Link

Smh.. now i know there gonna come out with a Razr that has an HD display and i'm gonna be lucked out.

Why do this? Just come out with one Razr that sums up these features, whats the point of coming out with more than one razr in 2012.

Makes me want a whole different phone completely

I think u are right, they are coming back strong with the Razr.
I think we won't honestly see the Chinese Razr till the end of the year...
Just my guess...

Upvote 0
Love my RAZR, love Moto phones for battery and reception.

But the Bionic and RAZR has taught me to never buy a Moto phone on launch day ever again...lol.

Now that I think about it...it might have started with the Droid 2 and Droid 2 Global.

I hear you, and i've never had this problem. I walked into Verizon and got my phone last time no research or nothing just picked up the Blackberry Tour and was satisffied, its hurting now but it did me good. Wasn't the fastest or best or anything but it lasted.

Now with the tech i want a great phone, but i don't want a variation of it. If i'm gonna drop $300 i want the whole Shabang, and if they toss a HD screen on this Maxx a couple months from now i will have heavy buyers remorse. But i NEED a phone

Just gonna pull up my pants walk into Verizon and get the Maxx, one of those nice black covers and go about my daily Life.

Upvote 0
I can only be happy seeing more and more good phones released as that means more competition and better devices overall.

I have had my Razr for almost 3 months now and am not looking to upgrade to whatever is released in the near future - in December, I will be legible for an upgrade from my carrier and will get a spanking new quad core phone then.

Upvote 0
I can only be happy seeing more and more good phones released as that means more competition and better devices overall.

I have had my Razr for almost 3 months now and am not looking to upgrade to whatever is released in the near future - in December, I will be legible for an upgrade from my carrier and will get a spanking new quad core phone then.

1 year contract?

Upvote 0
Oh, so you must be talking about December 2013.

Well i might as well get whats best now, i mean a 1.5 ghz 4.5 Hd screen and 13 mp droid would be awespme but i cant buy what's not on sale. Plus battery life and build quality are two specs that are hard to get outdated

As for myself; the tech junkie I am I will either sell my Razr or trade in
recyclr thru VZ for 148. Buy the phone on a line that I am elligible to upgrade on. Then I may pay amother 200.00 and etf the contract. So
out of pocket total would be maybe 550.00 which would be equivalent to
a 1yr contract price anyway.
Makes sense I hope.

Upvote 0
Well I am strongly considering selling or trading my razr and getting the Maxx.
I may try it, and if it feels to heavy in the pocket it may be a no go

personally, i'd just wait for the next GN update to see if it improves the battery life. the GN has a far superior screen plus a newer operating system...not to mention after my bionic experience i don't trust moto lol

Upvote 0
personally, i'd just wait for the next GN update to see if it improves the battery life. the GN has a far superior screen plus a newer operating system...not to mention after my bionic experience i don't trust moto lol
No update is going to improve the signal strength. Also I would not call it a "far superior screen" better? yes. but not to the point where the average person would notice. As for ICS, considering all the bugs and glitchs and many apps not being ICS compatable yet. I for one am glad the razr does not run ICS yet. The Nexus users are basically guniea pigs for ICS. With more than 50% of all android devices still running gingerbread and only .06% running ICS, I will be happy to wait until all the bugs are worked out, more apps are supported, and ICS becomes more mainstream.

Upvote 0
No update is going to improve the signal strength. Also I would not call it a "far superior screen" better? yes. but not to the point where the average person would notice. As for ICS, considering all the bugs and glitchs and many apps not being ICS compatable yet. I for one am glad the razr does not run ICS yet. The Nexus users are basically guniea pigs for ICS. With more than 50% of all android devices still running gingerbread and only .06% running ICS, I will be happy to wait until all the bugs are worked out, more apps are supported, and ICS becomes more mainstream.

how do you know updates won't fix connectivity probs? :thinking:

if you think the average person doesn't notice the GN's screen is superior to the razr's, you should read the forums more where there's complaints about the razr's screen not being bright enough/being pixilated and showing jagged edges/etc...

waiting for ICS to work the bugs out is certainly a viable option, but te bugs are very minor for me, especially when compared to the bionic i had! :)

Upvote 0
how do you know updates won't fix connectivity probs? :thinking:

if you think the average person doesn't notice the GN's screen is superior to the razr's, you should read the forums more where there's complaints about the razr's screen not being bright enough/being pixilated and showing jagged edges/etc...

waiting for ICS to work the bugs out is certainly a viable option, but te bugs are very minor for me, especially when compared to the bionic i had! :)

I had a g nex....and my razr screen was brighter, and had less blue tint. Guess I had a bad g nex...

And for the average person, depends on their viewing distance. Mine...the razr, rezound and g nex all look similar. Bring them in closer and the differences show more.

I agree with the Adauth. Better screen? Yes. Far superior ...no. one example is that blue blockiness thread in the g nex forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones