1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Custom MP3 notifications

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by dalewebb, Jul 14, 2011.

1. dalewebb

dalewebb Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    I uploaded an 8 second MP3 to my SD card with the intention of using it as a notification for messages. I put it in a \music\notifications subdirectory of the SD card. I also uploaded 3 longer MP3s to use as ringtones; they are in the \music\ringtones subdirectory. My LG Optimus U "sees" the longer MP3s (they appear in the ringtones list for ringtones) just fine, but can't seem to see the 8 second MP3 in the ringtone list for notifications. I have rebooted.

Anyone have any ideas how to get the phone to "see" the 8 second MP3 in the ringtone list for notifications?

Thanks a bunch.

Dale Webb

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Notifications should go into Media/Audio/Notifications. Ringtones go to Media/Audio/Ringtones. Otherwise the OS won't see them.

3. dalewebb

dalewebb Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    Changed the ringtones to /media/audio/ringtones and notifications to /media/audio/notifications. Ringtones seem to work; notifications are nowhere to be seen when I try to "attach" a notification to Messages. The MP3 notification is not in the Notifications list.
    DW

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Try moving /audio to the root folder i.e. /audio/ringtones and /audio/notifications. That folder structure has worked for me on all my handsets.