• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help custom recovery 2.2.1

been trying for hrs to do custom recovery on stock optimus m 2.2.1....i cannot get my phone to connect to computer so i downloaded terminal emulator. CANNOT get pass 2nd line of typing in commands says file not found im using joneidy's forum post step by step but cannot get pass this...PLEASE HELP :thinking:

been trying for hrs to do custom recovery on stock optimus m 2.2.1....i cannot get my phone to connect to computer so i downloaded terminal emulator. CANNOT get pass 2nd line of typing in commands says file not found im using joneidy's forum post step by step but cannot get pass this...PLEASE HELP :thinking:
Is you phone rooted?

You absolutely have to have root permission.

Reactions: jaybaby31558
Upvote 0
ok few more questions, you have the lg drivers installed?

you have the flash file on the sd card how did you put it there?
Also you have to have the recovery file there as well, you need 2 files
and use the all in one recovery, joneidy's was great but the all in one is more refined and does a better job.

if you need more help pm me

Upvote 0
i had the same issues then i did mine this way=

OPEN UP CAMMAND PROMP THEN CUT AND PASTE THIS=

i did it flashed it like this in cmd

1. cd C:\OptimusRoot\android-sdk_r10-windows\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
2. adb shell
3. su
4. flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-optm-2.2.1-GNM.img
done reset phone and boot into recovery

you can copy and paste line 4 that is the way i got mine to work

Reactions: jaybaby31558
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones