• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Custom Recovery problems- bricked phone

ajikan81

Lurker
Aug 9, 2011
Hi everyone,

I followed the directions in this thread to flash a custom recovery to my phone after rooting.
http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/221388-custom-recovery-optimus-one-p500-thunderg.html

After the last step, the phone shut off and won't reboot or boot into any kind of recovery using the home+on+down volume key. It only flashes the LG screen over and over. When it's plugged in via USB it flashes and the computer does not recognize the drive any longer. Any suggestions on how I can start to fix it, or is it now a paperweight?

I'm not really sure what I did wrong, but I am by no means experienced in this at all, so I'm sure it was a mistake on my part, either on the file I flashed with or commands I uses.

It's an LG optimus t, running 2.2.2, and I used the thunderg recovery file.

Did you catch that thread you linked was marked "outdated" and gave this link? I don't know if that makes a difference.

As far as learning to use adb (I assume that's what you mean by shell) I googled how to use adb and the first few hits look promising. I do use adb but only a couple of commands in it usually.

The hardest part will likely be getting adb to talk to the phone. If it's stopping at LG I don't know if that's far enough to get adb talking even if your adb installation is good. My box linux. If you mentioned what OS your computer is running I missed it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones