1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[CWM] Updated 9/21/13 CWM recovery for all variants

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

This recovery is CWM for the One SV. It is fully working and has no problems. All variants are supported below

K2_CL (Boost Mobile) -> Boost Download

K2_PLC_CL (Cricket) -> Cricket Download

K2_UL (EU LTE) -> EU LTE Download

K2_U (EU NON-LTE) -> EU Non-LTE Download

Sources:
    Boost Mobile Source
    Cricket Source
    EU LTE Source
    EU Non-LTE Source

To build these recoveries on your own, simply follow the directions below:
    Clone the CyanogenMod repo. See their wiki at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org
    create a local_manifests file by issuing the command `mkdir -p .repo/local_manifests/` then `gedit .repo/local_manifests/k2.xml`
    inside this new document place the following lines

Code (Text):
    2. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    3. <manifest>
    4. <project path="device/htc/msm8960-common" name="CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_msm8960-common" />
    5.     <project path="device/htc/s4-common" name="CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_s4-common" />
    7.     <project path="device/htc/k2_cl" name="SimonSickle/android_device_htc_k2_cl" revision="cwm" />
    8.     <project path="vendor/htc/k2_cl" name="SimonSickle/android_vendor_htc_k2_cl" revision="jellybean" />
    10.     <project path="device/htc/k2_plc_cl" name="SimonSickle/android_device_htc_k2_plc_cl" revision="cwm" />
    11.     <project path="vendor/htc/k2_plc_cl" name="SimonSickle/android_vendor_htc_k2_plc_cl" revision="jellybean" />
    13.     <project path="device/htc/k2_ul" name="SimonSickle/android_device_htc_k2_ul" revision="cwm" />
    14.     <project path="vendor/htc/k2_ul" name="SimonSickle/android_vendor_htc_k2_ul" revision="jellybean" />
    16.     <project path="device/htc/k2_u" name="SimonSickle/android_device_htc_k2_u" revision="cwm" />
    17.     <project path="vendor/htc/k2_u" name="SimonSickle/android_vendor_htc_k2_u" revision="jellybean" />
    19.     <project path="kernel/htc/k2" name="SickleKernels/android_kernel_htc_k2" revision="htc_3.4" />
    20. </manifest>
    now run `repo sync` and wait for this to finish. It will take a long time
    With any luck, you now have the source. Your computer should already be set up to build so just do the following commands
    . build/envsetup.sh
    now you will want to lunch the right device (see the download section as a guide)
    lunch cm_k2_cl-userdebug
    and finally the make command is as follows
    make -j5 recoveryimage

at the end you will see a welcoming path to your new recovery. Flash it in fastboot or with dd and enjoy!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. irishobo

irishobo Android Enthusiast

Thank you very much!

3. irishobo

Everytime i try to fastboot flash the img it says cannot load 'CWMrecovery.img': no error. I also tried changing the name to recovery.img

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Did you check your download. It's a 7mb file. And be sure your actually pointing to a valid file in the command

5. irishobo

Yes I have the file in the same folder as fastboot. I'm using the following command:
    fastboot flash recovery CWMrecovery.IMG
    And the file is 7,658kb I'll try downloading again.

6. shinru2004

shinru2004 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Try lowercase .img

Deleted User likes this.
  7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Oh looked at your post again.. You had the wrong command. Proper is

fastboot flash recovery CWMrecovery.img

Edit shin you beat me to it by 10 seconds :)

8. shinru2004

Recognized Developer

Lol, that's was the first thing I noticed. And good work on the recovery. Pm me the status of CM10 my main issue was getting it past the HTC boot logo lol.

9. i2f

i2f Android Enthusiast

Best birthday present ever. Hehehe, thanks a lot Simon for making this day that much better :)

10. irishobo

Alright guys I just had the recovery image in the wrong folder like an idiot thank you for the help.

11. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Works great! Thanks again Simon!!

Edit: Nice to have a stationary screen. LOL :-D

12. shinru2004

Recognized Developer

Is this a touch recovery? If so then I will build a non touch recovery. And maybe twrp if enough people want it.

13. jonmspaz

jonmspaz Newbie

It is not touch shin. Simon this is very much appreciated bud, you're awesome

14. Heloguy

Heloguy Android Enthusiast

Great job Simon! Do you happen to know why we cannot mount sd card while in recovery? its no biggie, but it is a nice little feature. Here's hoping you can get it working.

15. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I already have twrp built and the touch will come from koush since I have it submitted for official :) I'm releasing after I try all the other functions tonight to know it doesn't brick

i2f and irishobo like this.
  16. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

Enjoy the new color simonsimons34 you earned it.

i2f likes this.
  17. shinru2004

Recognized Developer

Congrats, welcome to the dev club lol. We got milk and cookies.

LilBit likes this.
  18. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

You dev's are in a class by your self thats for sure!! :)
    A lil crazy perhaps?:rolleyes:

EDIT: I added this to the ATRG under tools and utilities.

i2f likes this.
  19. shinru2004

Recognized Developer

Anyone else having issues with recovery rebooting itself?

20. Heloguy

Heloguy Android Enthusiast

Mine is working perfectly

21. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Mine was working fine on the old phone and so far is working great, since last nights installation, on the new one.

22. shinru2004

Recognized Developer

Ok a different question, anyone flashing roms with either recovery? The new one works fine until you flash a rom then the recovery reboots the phone. it does it on both the new recovery and on the old one.

23. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I don't have that issue either and I flash a lot of roms. I could see a bad updater script calling busybox to make the phone restart. That's a possibility

24. shinru2004

Recognized Developer

i cant get anything to flash, i think it is related to the cache partition. but, i cant flash anything. I select a zip and go to flash then boom the device restarts.

25. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Well the partitions are correct in the fstab and it's working for me.. I guess my only other question is are you a cricket or boost model. Cat /proc/emmc

HTC One SV Forum

The HTC One SV release date was January 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1800mAh battery.

January 2013
Release Date
Reviews