• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Danger to your Evo V! Learn from my mistake!

OGWillikers

Sep 6, 2011
Yep. I killed it. I didn't mean to, but I did.

It all started yesterday. I woke up, downloaded a few apps like a Tricorder and stuff after checking my Facebook and realizing I offended my roommate's sister and she deleted me, but that's another story. Then I decided to go grab some food before work. I placed my nearly fully charged Evo V on my bed and changed clothes in the room. It either saw me and committed suicide, or maybe the metal spring mattress reflected solar radiation coming through the window in such a way that it imploded the logic gates in the CPU, but either way, that was the last time she functioned.

So then in an angry fit I put a T-Mobile HTC One on my credit card with overnight shipping.

tl;dr Sudden Evo Death Syndrome is a real thing.

EDIT: Oh and if someone wants an HTC stock battery and a Laza extended battery with cover, pay shipping and it's yours.

Reactions: Brian706
Dude, that sucks!! :( Did you plug it into the pc and look at the device manager to see if it shows up as QPST or anything? That's crazy!

I may be interested in the batteries though. Mine is swollen and hardly holds a charge... Been looking at batteries but haven't been able to justify spending money on anything too fancy since I'll probably be getting a new device in the near future.

How much is shipping? Send me a PM and we can work out the details.

Upvote 0
Hmmm... You could have hit the deep sleep. Happened to me during the wire trick. No charge light, black screen. Left it plugged in over night, did a battery pull and it turned back on.

Something you might also look at if you are hoping to salvage it is this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1627917

But even with the phone being completely unresponsive, there is a possibility that it will show up ion your device manager if plugged in.

Upvote 0
I got drunk and slammed my Evo V on the floor about 10 times while friends were impressed with the durability. Then I tried again. It booted. Interesting.

Posted from my Evo V.

But still gonna switch to the One when it arrives.

Ah look at that. A new method to wake up from the deep sleep :rofl:

That's pretty funny...

Hey does the one have removable storage or battery? I can't decide between the one or nexus 4.

Upvote 0
I got drunk and slammed my Evo V on the floor about 10 times while friends were impressed with the durability. Then I tried again. It booted.

Could you post what you were drinking so we can duplicate your methods exactly? And how many friends were impressed? You never know what will make a difference when you're checking test/retest reliability.

Upvote 0
Lol that doesn't really tell me anything :p Have you used both extensively? Why is it better? I love htc, but I'm still torn between the two... Both have pros and cons I'm sure.

Here is a comparison. All in all I recommend the One. Blinkfeed (Android needs something new and this is a good UI change, I'm jealous of it), 4 ultrapixel camera (can be changed to 13MP) that has earned it the 3rd best camera (1st being iPhone :eviltongue: 2nd being the S4), bigger memory (32GB vs 8GB not expandable for both), higher screen resolution (1080x1920 vs 768x1280, 468 ppi vs 318 ppi) slightly better battery by 200 mAh. Also a better front facing camera and front facing speakers with beats audio.

This is really a no brainer :p

Edit: I wrote out a much longer review than this but then my computer decided to tell me to **** off and delete the whole damn post I was in the middle of typing.

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones