• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data Allowance Help

Hi guys

My current data allowance is 750mb but I'm worried I'm going to exceed.
Is this limit ok for basic browsing and Facebook?

What does everyone else use on average?

I am on an unlimited plan, so I don't even worry about how much I use when I am not at home and on WIFI. I check facebook, G+, a ton of AF:D, and email. I also stream radio on my way to and from work, approximately 30 minutes a day. I occasionally load a rom (100+ MB a whack) and I am usually around 700 to 800 MB per month. So if you are careful, you should be OK. Like I said, I am on an unlimited plan so I don't have to be and that is my usage. Right now, Feb-11 through today I have only used a little over 200MB.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: Warrior1975
Upvote 0
A difficult question to answer- it's almost the "how long is a piece of string?" - the answer depends on what you're using the string for! :)

However, on a more positive note: It depends! My advice would be to use wifi as much as possible - this doesn't use your data allowance. I would also recommend "3G watchdog" from the market. I have it on my phone and it show how much of your allowance you are using (once you set it up) - and predicts how much you will have used by the end of the period (month) if you continue at the same rate. The app is free, with the paid version offering additional options, though I haven't used the paid version.

Hope this helps! :)

Reactions: Warrior1975
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones