• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data Ideas for Nexus 7

Karma sounds interesting.

VM is useless for streaming any media to the N7 but fine for basic connectivity. More often than not, the network is too slow. I use my VM Moto Triumph as a hotspot for the N7.

perfectranger, I have the same set-up with a VM Moto Triumph and a Nexus 7 tab but how did you get the N7 to see the Triumph??? I've tried a couple different tethering apps from the market but can't seem to get the two devices to talk. My Triumph is rooted but not the N7 (yet). Thanks for any help!

radio

Upvote 0
perfectranger, I have the same set-up with a VM Moto Triumph and a Nexus 7 tab but how did you get the N7 to see the Triumph??? I've tried a couple different tethering apps from the market but can't seem to get the two devices to talk. My Triumph is rooted but not the N7 (yet). Thanks for any help!

radio

CM7 G60's built in tethering works fine on the Triumph and Nexus 7.

Upvote 0

radio

I use the built in hotspot/tethering in mantera's CM9 alpha ROM.

Upvote 0
I'm curious as to why FoxFi isn't on your list? Do you have a phone on which it won't work, or other reason? It's a really good app, and you can't beat free.

I use it @ work for both my tablet & laptop (when I want to be off my employer's network.)

Thanks for the suggestion. I went back and added it to the list. We should discuss phone data plans as well. I am grandfathered in on VM's $25 plan which as most know offers a very limited selection of phones. I know that if I ever want to switch phones, I will want something like the my touch which offers front video, 8mp rear camera, and physical keyboard. Which means no more VM.

Upvote 0
GalaxyNexus, thank you. I'm still leaning towards the MyTouch due to the physical keyboard. But I should give HSPA phones more thought.

I see two sim cards on the T-mo site. Is one better than the other?
link 1 just sim
link 2 sim activation kit

IDK... I'm actually on VZ right now. Perhaps you should go to the T Mo Forum area.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones