• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Date you ordered and received the phone vs. "will ship by" date

Damn.... the site went down just when i most wanted my support system...

So.. i called *611 and I heard the mssg " Please wait while ur phone is being activated" . From earlier post, this seems to be the queue for getting the tracking number. Its been 4 hrs since I heard the mssg and no shipping email yet. Called the CSR and they have no info either.

Those who've bin thru this b4, what should I expect next ??

Upvote 0
I definitely feel your pain as I also have been waiting a month for this thing. But in 24 hours we'll be the proud owners of the Dinc and jobless because we're playing so much with our phones that we don't get any work done. LOL

Won't be jobless for me, I'm the Tech guy at work, so this is all research :D. I'll get mine working with our servers, vpn and all that good stuff, then I'll get to order more to deploy to the management ;).

Damn.... the site went down just when i most wanted my support system...

So.. i called *611 and I heard the mssg " Please wait while ur phone is being activated" . From earlier post, this seems to be the queue for getting the tracking number. Its been 4 hrs since I heard the mssg and no shipping email yet. Called the CSR and they have no info either.

Those who've bin thru this b4, what should I expect next ??

I never got an email, but I did get my tracking number a few hours after that message from a CSR.

Reactions: raghublr
Upvote 0
(snipped)
Voice calls are good, no drops or reboots during. I talked to my son who is in Italy for almost an hour last night and no drops and great voice quality. (he called me using his Skype). So hopefully this rebooting won't cause me to have to get a replacement and start the waiting all over. I will keep you posted.(snipped)

ah good to hear that it sounds good with skype. My hubs is deployed overseas and that's one of the reasons I want the phone, so that he can skype to me and I don't have to be sitting on my computer waiting for him. :)

and it was kind of the whole forum to take a break all afternoon while I wasn't home LOL. At least I didn't miss any fun. :)

Upvote 0
So I just got home and finished dinner (very disappointing, my burrito tasted like they dumped a pound of sugar on it!) and I see that the forums have been down the majority of the day, meaning no one has been able to post their exciting shipping confirmations :(

So I took a quick glance at the other forum and several people with 6/17 orders posted about getting shipping notifications today.

There's still hope!

I probably won't be back on tonight since I am going to reformat my PC which will take forever. But hopefully tomorrow will bring lots of good news. More 6/18's going out and maybe a few 6/19's if we're lucky :D

Have a good night guys, cya tomorrow!

Upvote 0
I had read on both this forum and after searching on google that fedex does ship on saturdays, but not on sunday or monday.

I think where people get confused is when VZW shows their phone is shipped on Sunday. Although VZW has shipped the phone from their system, FedEx does not actually pick up the package until Monday and Monday is therefore the actual ship day. A package shipped overnight on Sunday will deliver on Tuesday, since Monday is the official ship day.

A package shipped overnight on a Friday will deliver on Monday. Or, if you don't mind paying for it, can ship via Saturday overnight on a Friday to deliver on saturday. Monday through Friday are normal ship and deliver days for FedEx. Saturday is a delivery day for FedEx only if you pay extra. I assume that they would also work on Sunday if you were willing to pay for it using their Custom Critical service, where they will do anything for the right price. But that is far beyond the realm of cellular phone shipments from Verizon.

Upvote 0
I called to check once again today. Stacy at verizon told me that I will indeed be receiving my phone in 3 days (Thursday WOOT!) 7/15. I ordered on 6.17.2010

Hard to contain myself. Droid fever. no more txting with a numberpad LOL

So your phone shipped? Any tracking info? I'm a 6/18 and hearing news like this makes me glad. I'm driving my fianc

Upvote 0
Here is a strange story

I order my phone on June 11 but they didn't place the order until June 16 so they force my delivery date until July 14. Today I receive a miss package note from Fedex and I check everyone in the house but no one was expected an package. I then call Fedex and they said it is from Verizon but I didn't receive a shipment confirmation from them . I call Verizon up and they told me that my phone haven't ship out yet and that the ship date is July 14. Since confuse, I call Fedex and they confirm that it was under my name and also is from Verizon. Fedex is only 10 miles away so I just decide to go and pick it up than wait for them again. It so nice the phone and surprise it finally came.

Order: June 11
Processed: June 16
Ship date: July 9
Estimated delivery:Jul 14, 2010 by 7:00 PM

Still no confirmation email from Verizon saying it was ship

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones