• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root dead bricked after trying to install cwm from a app

stephen581

May 3, 2013
so i wanted to install cwm and i downloaded a app from google play store. when i opened it it gave me the option to back up my recovery i had istalled previously. i backed it up then tryed to install cwm. when i clicked reboot my screen wouldnt turn on. i pulled the battery and it didnt turn on. i plugged in my charger with the battery out. i cant boot into recovery my phone is dead bricked :(

When You hold the power button does anything happen, do you even get to the huawei logo.

When you hold Power+Volume Down can You access fastboot(huawei logo and blue text)
If you can get to fastboot you can get the bootloader unlock code from huawei and unlock then reflash boot and recovery.

If you can't do any of these I don't know what to tell ya, some of those apps from the play store flash the wrong block, ie you think you flash the recovery block and end up flashing the bootloader or something and bricking because your device is not supported -_-.

I have time today maybe I will just make a thread detailing how to not brick this device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones