• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dead Space: Another Great Horror Franchise Turned Into a Typical Action Game?

Gmash

Extreme Android User
Feb 3, 2011
neither Here nor There
I haven't played DS3 yet, and I still want to when the price drops, but it's looking like Silent Hill is the last true horror franchise standing.

Dead Space 3 Review for PlayStation 3 (PS3) - Cheat Code Central

I'm sure it is still a fun game, but there are plenty of action games to choose from already. Is survival horror just a dead genre or what? I love horror games, but they are few and far between these days. Am I the only one who misses pure horror?

Reactions: NYCHitman1
Got a Game Informer today and Dead Space 3 got a 9. I kinda don't get the whole 9.5 8.37 thing. The game was just good enough to get a 9.5, but not a 10. :p
Another creepy game I have heard of is Slender.

The Slender Man. Far from scary. I found myself laughing the whole time because the damn guy wouldn't appear as I run around like an idiot.

Upvote 0
Got a Game Informer today and Dead Space 3 got a 9. I kinda don't get the whole 9.5 8.37 thing. The game was just good enough to get a 9.5, but not a 10. :p
Another creepy game I have heard of is Slender.

Yeah it's getting good reviews, they just all say it's not horror anymore. Though GI gave it the highest score by far.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dead-space-3/critic-reviews

Did you see Deadly Premonition: Directors Cut on page 81 of that same magazine? That looks like it might be interesting. Graphics are not the main consideration for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones