1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Decent budget Android tablet?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by monkeyhat, Feb 8, 2011.

1. monkeyhat

monkeyhat Newbie

Hey all,

I need to get a present for someone who's moving jobs and will be spending some a lot of time away from home. A colleague suggested an Android Tablet, and as a happy Samsung Galaxy S user, this seemed like a good idea!

However, our budget is pretty limited, and when I look around it seems like most of the cheaper tablets have pretty big cons (horrible battery life, horrible screens, horrible reliability).

So - simple question - is it possible to get a decent-ish Android tablet for around

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. darrells

darrells Newbie

Try the Archos tablets. I bought the Archos 70 (not to be confused with Archos 7) for $250 a few months ago and I'm very happy. Its responsive, light, and has good battery life. The only non-out of the box thing that I had to do was install the Android Market app, which was easy. The 10 inch version has also had a good reception.

Unfortunately, these devices are in high demand, so if you look at Amazon they are overpriced. So shop around.

3. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Extreme Android User

Best budget Android tablet is a NookColor running Android.

4. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Android Expert

I agree with this. I will say you do give up a LOT of screen real estate though. To some, that is worth it. I decided against getting one simply because the screen is so tiny... I didn't find it THAT much more useful than my phone.