• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Default Corp email app setup fails after ota 4.0.4 update

tec_

Lurker
Dec 22, 2012
Received OTA 4.0.4 - had some issues with some apps. Performed a factory reset. Now, the default email app fails to complete the synch process with Exchange server. The Exchange server does recieve the synch request. The phone never completes the account setup process. App returns Username or password incorrect if domain address left out. App returns Cant connect to server if domain address is combined with username and the Exchange Server reports First Synch.

K9 also fails, but RemoSync from Remoba Inc works. All apps use the same username, server name, and domain server name. RemoSync prompts for pin to be set - had not needed to do that under earlier version of OS.

From what I have gathered under other threads RE: Samsung Galaxy there may be some issue with the policy push and the failure of the embedded email app ability to properly handle the request to push the policy from the server.

Verizon admits the failure and has no update on any fix of info on exactly what is wrong (at least publicly)

When I set mine up, the email app prompted me that there was an update required, and following that it prompted me that I needed to allow it to make a change to conform to the Exchange server policy set by the Exchange admin. Once that cleared, all was working fine, but the domain was required with the username: domain/username

Did you ever get that first prompt for an update?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones