• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Defending yourself.. Can a male hit a female?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a woman hits a man, she is asking for a fight. There are s one women that will get into your face and challenge you. Some need to be put in their place.
Respectively and with proper reasoning. I let any woman I date/get involved with of my three rules that would cause me to strike a female, so she knows initially what kind of person I am before things go anywhere.. And so far the only hitting I've ever done to this point has been in strict self defense. So that also tells me that when ppl are made aware of certain issues before they become a problem, it tends to become less likely to happen..

Upvote 0
I'm a woman and I think it's sexist against men to say that under no circumstances are they allowed to hit a woman. I think that a person should not hit another person unless it is unavoidable, regardless of gender. Unless of course both parties agree on said hitting for whatever reason.

I think you need to take into consideration the size and strength of yourself vs that of your attacker. If it's possible to subdue or restrain the attacker, or remove yourself from the situation, those are the best options. If they are causing you real physical harm I believe you have a right to defend yourself.

On a side note, I hate how it's socially acceptable for a woman to slap a man across the face. In countless movies you see women slapping men for inappropriate comments or things like that. It is usually seen as comedy, or meant to inspire "you go girl" feelings, but I think it sends the message that it's OK to hit men if they say something you don't like. It just rubs me the wrong way.

Upvote 0
I'm a woman and I think it's sexist against men to say that under no circumstances are they allowed to hit a woman. I think that a person should not hit another person unless it is unavoidable, regardless of gender. Unless of course both parties agree on said hitting for whatever reason.

I think you need to take into consideration the size and strength of yourself vs that of your attacker. If it's possible to subdue or restrain the attacker, or remove yourself from the situation, those are the best options. If they are causing you real physical harm I believe you have a right to defend yourself.

On a side note, I hate how it's socially acceptable for a woman to slap a man across the face. In countless movies you see women slapping men for inappropriate comments or things like that. It is usually seen as comedy, or meant to inspire "you go girl" feelings, but I think it sends the message that it's OK to hit men if they say something you don't like. It just rubs me the wrong way.

Welcome to the forums, Waeryn. You have made an impressive entrance, to be sure. :)

Reactions: WaerynTheRed
Upvote 0
I'd like to hear a woman's perspective on this, for more insight.

Well said, and welcome to AF.

Reactions: WaerynTheRed
Upvote 0
Obviously you wouldn't go picking fights with a woman like you shouldn't with a man either. But if she assaults you with the same intent that a man would to cause significant bodily harm then... Equal opportunity rights=Equal opportunity ass whippings. No double standard. I will hit you just as hard as a man. Fair is fair. They don't want to be treated different right? Anything I will hit another man for qualifies for a woman. It's 2016. Ass whippings for everyone. Mitigating circumstances pending of course.

Upvote 0
Let me also state that I do not believe that applies in a relationship. If you feel you have to put your hands on YOUR woman, then it's time to leave her. That's an automatic no no for me. Mitigating circumstances pending. Weapons involved may slightly change things, but I would do it with minimum force if possible. Enough to remove myself safely from the situation. Any other female though, honestly, knock out, immediately.

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Well, first let me say that I responded to this question without watching the video first. And after watching it; 1) kudos to her, good stuff. She can obviously take care of herself, as she should be able to. 2) Equal opportunity ass whippings scenario couldn't be more aproppos than here. I would be FORCED to give her the business. She is obviously trained and better be prepared to take some pretty serious licks herself. Because I would have given her the BUSINESS.

Upvote 0
depending on the woman's size .. I would reduce my force some.

my gf is 105lbs. 5.1 feet. if she attacked me... (mind you, she might have a good reason too. i am stupid.)
i can not see myself going all out force to retaliate.

Again, situation pending. It's not really about size, so much as the person's; 1) skill set and technique applied, 2) any weaponry involved, and 3) craftiness of the individual. Smaller people know they are small and tend to be more craftier. Therefore in my opinion, size and weight are moot. Your level of force and determination determines mine. Obviously you don't want to obliterate a 105lb woman, but if she, or he, is too crafty, I'm sorry but you have to get the business. Because now it's rule reversal, and I'm scared. E.O.A.W. Across the board.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones