• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Delete Old Mail

ossexpress

Lurker
Jul 27, 2010
Good day!

Generally it takes me just a few minutes with a new phone to find something that irritates me. Not so with the Evo, it has taken me a week to find my first niggly complaint.

I have several email accounts set up in my default mail app.
Most are pop 3 accounts with the email set to delete from server in 24 hours. This allows me to receive the mail on both my PC where I archive it, and my cell, so that I never miss an email.

Since I now have two copies of my email, there really isn't any reason for me to keep a copy on my phone for more than a week. But there does not seem to be a way to bulk delete or even bulk select mail older than a given period for deletion.

The multi-select certainly is an option, but selecting 400-500 mails for delete is quite a chore.

Any tips, or have I missed something obvious?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones