1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Delete Programs

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ECFfighter7232, Aug 16, 2010.

1. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Android Expert

OK, so I installed a couple of programs not from the market (tweetdeck for example) how do I go about removing them? I know if I had downloaded it from the market I could just go there to uninstall it, but what if the apk was installed from a link? I am rooted btw. can I just use the folder program to go in and delete the apk?

2. Nightwind Hawk

Nightwind Hawk Well-Known Member

Settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications

From there, you can click on any of the applications you have installed and uninstall it. You can only uninstall the custom applications YOU installed (not default ones that came with the phone) unless you root the phone.

Hope this helps!

ECFfighter7232 likes this.
  3. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Android Expert

Ah! that was it! I knew I'd seen it somewhere but for the life of me couldnt find it again. Thanks!

/thread

4. john0821

john0821 Android Enthusiast

Sometimes when I uninstall an app from an external link, it leaves the apk file behind in my download folder. You can just connect via USB to delete it. You can probably use Astro Folder to delete it as well.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews