• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help deleting calendar entries?

I use S Planner for my calendar and was wondering how to delete an entry?..I had a doctors appointment on the 12TH of March but it is now cancelled and I can't see anywhere to delete the entry?If i go in and delete the time date etc it shows up as ''(no title)'', also has anyone downloaded a better calendar app than the S Planner?

I use S Planner for my calendar and was wondering how to delete an entry?..I had a doctors appointment on the 12TH of March but it is now cancelled and I can't see anywhere to delete the entry?If i go in and delete the time date etc it shows up as ''(no title)'', also has anyone downloaded a better calendar app than the S Planner?

When you open the appointment and press the menu button, it should give you an option to delete. Does it not?

Reactions: Mydoona
Upvote 0
now i feel really stupid lol

We've all been there!!

I use the list view usually and in that a long press on the event brings up a list of options, one of which is delete. A long press does not work in the other views. However, when I tried to do so in the week and day views I discovered that I could then move the event to a different time / day slot. Magic! There is always something new with this phone.

Upvote 0
now i feel really stupid lol

We've all been there!!

I use the list view usually and in that a long press on the event brings up a list of options, one of which is delete. A long press does not work in the other views. However, when I tried to do so in the week and day views I discovered that I could then move the event to a different time / day slot. Magic! There is always something new with this phone.

It's going to take a while to discover all the little places where options are hidden away. Think in months :D

Mydoona, no worries. Like PiscesCloud and TheOtherBill mentioned, there are certain things that seem to be the most simple of tasks, but just takes a little getting used to.

The only reason my transition from Windows Mobile was somewhat easy for me is because there were certain functions on Android that were almost exactly the same. One thing that I loved about Android was the ability to push the menu button and majority of the time, find some sort of settings sub-menu, in an app. That's always my "go to" button, which is why I wasn't really fond of that going away w/ ICS and up, in favor of the recent apps on screen button. What I liked about Android the most is that finding the menu button wasn't reliant on the app developer (which is part of what I didn't like about the iPhone).

That's why I loved the form factor of the Note 2 and SGS 3 a little more than anything else that was out. The Menu button was my go to button, whenever I was trying to get to the settings on anything that I was doing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones