• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deletion Options Gone- Previously There

Wow114

Lurker
Jun 24, 2017
Weirdest thing happened today.. Just wanted to share, get it in the open air, and maybe see if others went through something similar (regardless of devices). So, a couple of weeks ago, I downloaded a yoga audio (just getting started) and did it again. I had to delete one of them, of course. Well, today, I downloaded a pretty elementary tutorial on storyboarding- Once I saw how simple it was, it had to go, too. I re-entered the same place I had deleted it from previously.. And the option was gone.

Instead, an immediate pop up happens asking how I want to open it. Eventually, I just go to my file manager and delete the thing. But, it's still listed in my downloads in two areas, plus the deletion option is no longer there- So, I need to play around with it a bit more to see what's up. I go into my apps folder and see that the app that is being prompted to download the file is actually on a force stop. That seems like a problem to me, a little hackery, in fact.

So I just un-installed the thing to see what would happen if I clicked it again. Sure enough, it was prompted to open the file again. And when I accepted the invitation- the file opened. That presents an issue... I go into the anti-spyware app I'm using and run what amounted to a 5 second check with passing results. The results even said there were "no suspicious permissions," which made no sense to me because all app permissions are generally suspicious. Any similar experiences?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones