• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Denied access to the network

Adithyansm

Lurker
Mar 27, 2022
Hello guys have a good day:)

I am using an Honor 7s device but I am unable to connect to my home wifi network, It s telling that "Denied access to network"
I have done resetting the network and resetting the whole device wiping everything but the issue is still there
Any replies will be appreciated

Can the phone connect to other Wi-Fi networks? Like a library or a coffee shop? "Denied access" is pretty specific so to me it sounds like the firewall is rejecting the device's attempts to connect. As long as you are 100% sure you're using the right credentials, then things to look at would be any kind of active blocking settings on your router, how many free IP's you have and the bands or security protocols used by WiFi. I'm pretty sure most phones won't even connect to open or WEP networks any longer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones