• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Deodexed GingerBread 4.5.588

the only way gb will load correctly is if you sbf back to stock .340, here are downloads for you to do that
New Full SBF for Droid X - 2.3.340

ok, thanks for the support folks. First step is to do the above, and then root before installing the rooted GB? The 3 files, do these all get downloaded to the phone or to the computer? I'm guessing the computer and then executed through the program they show?

Assuming I get through this, the root method would be z4root before proceeding with the rooted GB?

Upvote 0
ok, thanks for the support folks. First step is to do the above, and then root before installing the rooted GB? The 3 files, do these all get downloaded to the phone or to the computer? I'm guessing the computer and then executed through the program they show?

Assuming I get through this, the root method would be z4root before proceeding with the rooted GB?

Ok first step is to sbf to a clean. 340 if you have to, then root, then install d2 bootstrap, then download the 3 part zip for gb, you can download from your computer but those three files need to be transferred to the root of your sd card so just hook hour x up via usb and drag and drop those files on your sd, once that's done boot into recovery using d2 bootstrap only and wipe data ( for the best) then scroll to install zip from sd, then choose zip, here you will install the 3 files you transferred in order starting from 1 then 2 then 3 in order without leaving recovery, only leave recovery once all three have been installed

Upvote 0
2 final questions: is doing the 'wipe' and installing each of the 3 zip files pretty much self-explanatory?

Well when you boot into recovery you will see a menu scroll to wipe data and select it then once that's done scroll to install zip then choose zip and select part one then once its done back to install zip the choose zip and part two then the same for part three

Upvote 0
Well when you boot into recovery you will see a menu scroll to wipe data and select it then once that's done scroll to install zip then choose zip and select part one then once its done back to install zip the choose zip and part two then the same for part three

okie dokie....thanks a bunch, going to go back to stock tonight.....if that goes ok, will install rooted gb. thanks.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I went ahead and made my own deodex zip :D

The reason I did it was because the one AirMaxx23 linked is missing framework-res.apk, blur-res.apk, moto-res.apk, and vending.apk. I included these because if you flash a theme, you can simply apply this deodex zip and be back to stock.....with the other zip you will be left with the remnants of framework-res.apk, blur-res.apk, moto-res.apk, and vending.apk as they will most likely have been modded for the theme you applied.

Here it is if you guys want to use it ;)

GB_2.3.3_4.5.588_Deodexed.zip

Thanks Bouchigo...

I couldn't get P3's deodexed to work (boot loops), yours started right up.

Reactions: bouchigo
Upvote 0
Hey guys, I went ahead and made my own deodex zip :D..................

Here it is if you guys want to use it ;)

GB_2.3.3_4.5.588_Deodexed.zip

Just applied this to the GB 3-file step Rooted. How long should it take to reboot? I seem stuck on the boot logo forever...? 4 min.s and counting... :(

Update: Nevermind I finally booted up at about the 5 minute mark. lol, just after my post above.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones