• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire crashing frequently (possibly SD related)

zigackly

Sep 6, 2010
Android Version:2.3.7
Network: GSM Vodafone
Taskiller Used?: No

Im using a SCLD GSM Desire rooted. Ive used Gingerbread versions of Oxygen, CM7, and currently on MIUI XJ but all freeze up on me often(almost daily) and battery pulls are required to revive.

The freezes do not happen with my 2GB Samsung SD card that came with the phone, but i have used 3 brand new Sandisk 16GB Class 4 SD cards and it crashes on all. This is regardless of whether i have Apps2SD enabled or not. I have looked for last_kmsg after the crashes on CM7 and Oxygen, but the file is never present after a battery pull, if i reboot normally i will get an old last_kmsg file from a few months back.

Was transferring about a gig of music to my phone currently on MIUI XJ 1.12.2, and after i unmounted USB storage it froze up and crashed.

The SD card im currently using was bought at a Virgin store, so im sure it wouldnt be a fake. I hope someone can help troubleshoot, im completely out of ideas!!

Thanks a tone in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones