• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire HD vs Galaxy S

If you want a huge screen, fantastic interface overlay and stylish look and feel, not disregarding the camera flash - its the Desire HD.

If you want a feature packed phone with an intensely powerful GPU, impressive functionality, a mindblowing display- its the Samsung Galaxy S.

If you want it all- look for the Samsung Epic 4g or comparatively the HTC G2.

Done and Dusted.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, thanks for an interesting thread!

I've been weighing up the DHD and SGS for a couple of weeks too. It would be a no-brainer in the DHD's favour, in my opinion, but one thing is *killing* me: the DHD won't run on 3G networks in the USA but the SGS will. I'm an Australian resident but I travel to the US for work and might be moving there in a year or so. It seems like a waste to buy the DHD only to be stuck on 2G when I travel and then have to buy a new phone if/when I move over there.

Have any DHD owners tried to use theirs in North America? How painful is it?

Also, SGS owners, have any of you NOT found the GPS to be useless? Is it a universal problem or a maybe a bug that somehow wound up on some models but not others?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones