• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dev Needed... 2.1 Running on the Behold 2

I think what is currently out there is as good as it will ever get for BH2 ROM's.

I was at least hoping for FroYo on this, but it seems like that's gonna be a rarity on most 528MHz phones. I think I'm gonna wait for an HSPA+ phone that can run Gingerbread comes out... And it won't be a Samsung (no matter how much people rave about the Vibrant).

Upvote 0
I think what is currently out there is as good as it will ever get for BH2 ROM's.

I was at least hoping for FroYo on this, but it seems like that's gonna be a rarity on most 528MHz phones. I think I'm gonna wait for an HSPA+ phone that can run Gingerbread comes out... And it won't be a Samsung (no matter how much people rave about the Vibrant).

well every phone on tmo has 2.1/2.2 except for bh2 and cliq xt officially or unofficially. the g1/mytouch has 2.2 from cm6, n1 has 2.2, cliq has 2.1 rom, vibrant has 2.1 slide has 2.1 hell the hd2 has 2.1 or 2.2

Upvote 0
In the meantime I'm using the New EUGENE373_PDA_FINAL Galaxy 1.6 found here . The only real issue I've found with this one is that the 'end' key no longer takes you to your home screen, instead you press the back button until you get back to home...or press the 'home' screen but it leaves the apps running in the background. I'm not sure if the behavior of the End key was intentionally changed or not but still despite that, I find this to be the best release.

Upvote 0
Eugene is not going to work on this, read his posts, there are no drivers for 2.1 so you cant just flash galaxy onto it, if you read previous posts then all the would be known. The reason it said Devs Needed is because there is work that needs to be done to get it working and now that summer is over people tend to get busier and not have time to work on things outside of their jobs, most developers have moved on from this phone on to other things or are busy, what is out there is out there and as unfortunate as it seems it looks like that will be it.

The Krell, did you mount ur sd card....

Upvote 0
Eugene is not going to work on this, read his posts... The Krell, did you mount ur sd card....
What do you make of post 305? Apparently somebody is working on it, if not Eugene.

Regarding pulling the SD card and plugging it into a card reader, I didn't do that yet. It galls me that I have to turn off the phone and fumble around with all of this, when all it should take is plugging in the USB cable.

Upvote 0
What do you make of post 305? Apparently somebody is working on it, if not Eugene.

Regarding pulling the SD card and plugging it into a card reader, I didn't do that yet. It galls me that I have to turn off the phone and fumble around with all of this, when all it should take is plugging in the USB cable.

I was going off of 296 I feel like a jerk now because I just told people to read, and I didnt read one post, my bad, thats great news.

Upvote 0
Testing a few thing today, as I have free time. I can't say I'll have updates super fast & keep in mind it might be a month before I can post a Rom or 2 pending progress & error found & made..

Thanks,
~Eugene

P.S.
Yes I have a Behold 2 in hand, still not 100% sure if I need to return it after done or not, but at least I have one to work with now..

Upvote 0
Exactly... And TW or Sense are really no different from your ROM's, right? It's a user interface tailored for a specific handset built on top of the Open Source Android OS?

While this Cin Bell thing is unlikely to ever happen again, still sucks that they used it commercially without compensation or even permission.

I'm straying here....

Thanks Eugene for continuing to dev for this phone. 2.0+ would be bad ass, and should keep us going well into 2011.

I'd love a little apps to SD action if you can swing it. You slap a couple of games on this handset and it kills the internal storage space.

Upvote 0
Exactly... And TW or Sense are really no different from your ROM's, right? It's a user interface tailored for a specific handset built on top of the Open Source Android OS?

While this Cin Bell thing is unlikely to ever happen again, still sucks that they used it commercially without compensation or even permission.

I'm straying here....

Thanks Eugene for continuing to dev for this phone. 2.0+ would be bad ass, and should keep us going well into 2011.

I'd love a little apps to SD action if you can swing it. You slap a couple of games on this handset and it kills the internal storage space.

Not sure I understand, but all my rom's had a2sd

Upvote 0
Testing a few thing today, as I have free time. I can't say I'll have updates super fast & keep in mind it might be a month before I can post a Rom or 2 pending progress & error found & made..

Thanks,
~Eugene

P.S.
Yes I have a Behold 2 in hand, still not 100% sure if I need to return it after done or not, but at least I have one to work with now..

I think I'm in love with you.

awkward moment over? no? well, regardless, thanks. and I don't think any of us expect it to be instant, we know you have a life and greatly appreciate you taking time to help us out! I am enormously excited that it might even be possible to get 2.1. that'd be...yeah, pretty awesome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones