• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Developer Team Optimus M Discussion

ok so the bobzhome build of ics with the anyrom kernel... touchscreen is messed up lol wow. I did see somethings of interest when looking through device logs..

W/ScreenRotationAnimation( 1337): Unable to allocate freeze surface
W/ScreenRotationAnimation( 1337): android.view.Surface$OutOfResourcesException

Which suggest there might not be enough RAM in the device - "Out of resources" usually means there isn't enough memory.
Note also:

I/SystemServer( 1337): Input Method Service
W/InputManagerService( 1337): Couldn't create dir.: /data/system/inputmethod

It seems possible the "input method" referred to is the touchscreen, so that could explain the problems, although I did not find much when googling for that second line. The failure to create a directory could be due to insufficient storage space on the device.

But the worst looking errors i have are near the top of the system log:

E/AndroidRuntime( 1337): Error reporting WTF
E/AndroidRuntime( 1337): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 1337): at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit.wtf(RuntimeInit.java:345)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1337): at android.util.Log$1.onTerribleFailure(Log.java:103)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1337): at android.util.Log.wtf(Log.java:278)

"WTF" is supposed to mean "What a Terrible Failure" but of course you know what it actually means ;) A null pointer exception is a type of program crash that shouldn't ever happen (such crashes are not anticipated, so they have no error handling).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones