• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Development progress on Cyanogenmod7/9/10 Updated: 5/10

Upvote 0
Jayzuss.....I give you guys working on this, MAD frickin props. I'm sitting here with a massive java book and TRYING to experiment around with AIDE. I'm getting absolutely nowhere. Lol. This stuff is overwhelming man, I just wanted to see if I could compile a simple app for a better understanding of how things worked.....buuuut, nope. Haha, whatever:p

Reactions: sellers86
Upvote 0
Jayzuss.....I give you guys working on this, MAD frickin props. I'm sitting here with a massive java book and TRYING to experiment around with AIDE. I'm getting absolutely nowhere. Lol. This stuff is overwhelming man, I just wanted to see if I could compile a simple app for a better understanding of how things worked.....buuuut, nope. Haha, whatever:p

Me and jetx2x is currently working on a new app that should be coming out this summer. Could use more hands on the app to help get it out sooner to the public. The tools we use to work on the app is Aide for development on the go and of course Eclipse to tackle the harder coding .Let me know if you are interested.

Upvote 0

Lol... its not as hard as you think... its overwhelming at first but as you get a basic understanding you're like... OOOHHHH DUUUHHH!! Lol

Upvote 0
Me and jetx2x is currently working on a new app that should be coming out this summer. Could use more hands on the app to help get it out sooner to the public. The tools we use to work on the app is Aide for development on the go and of course Eclipse to tackle the harder coding .Let me know if you are interested.

Very kind of you mate, but I am the absolute epitome of a novice to this stuff and neither do I have the necessary resources to do the more in depth coding and operations, hence why I was just trying to work with AIDE. Would be cool however and I'm still reading up on some things here and there.

Upvote 0
One thing always leads to a million branches......okay SSH client and chroot, very slightly understand what those are now. So apparently the SSH client is a secure shell to send commands through a tunnel or whatever to a server or something. Basically are you guys saying that to modify a kernel, it has to be set up somewhere external of my phone and then I can interact with it through an SSH client? ....wow I probably totally have no idea what I'm saying:D

Upvote 0
One thing always leads to a million branches......okay SSH client and chroot, very slightly understand what those are now. So apparently the SSH client is a secure shell to send commands through a tunnel or whatever to a server or something. Basically are you guys saying that to modify a kernel, it has to be set up somewhere external of my phone and then I can interact with it through an SSH client? ....wow I probably totally have no idea what I'm saying:D

If you are going through ssh, you need to have a computer to remotely connect to from your phone. Chroot is pretty much linux on your sdcard

Reactions: DsyMnapTic
Upvote 0
Your close. My machine don't meet the minuim requerments for building ics. So a great developer friend of mine ( k0nane ) let's me use is machine to build. Because we live in different states I can't go to his house to use his machine. He set up a build environment and n SSH client on his machine so I can access it at anytime and any where. I log in remotely from my phone or pc and run my commands to do what I want to do. First thing was to synce my source. After syncing I then can make my edits n run my build commands.

Reactions: DsyMnapTic
Upvote 0
If you are going through ssh, you need to have a computer to remotely connect to from your phone. Chroot is pretty much linux on your sdcard

Alright. Yea. I just found some things on the play store..... Linux Deploy, Linux Installer STANDARD, Linux AutoLoader, Debian Kit........all which seem to set up Linux and a chroot environment or "chroot jail" or whatever.

......Oh and Linux AutoLoader says it can work with ConnectBot, which is an SSH client.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones