• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DHD sense widget install crashed

D

Deleted User

After updating my HTC Sense on my Desire HD, I installed the HTC Sense/Hub Battery widget. It worked OK for a while, until an update became available. I clicked to update it and it seemed to download OK, but I think the install crashed. Ever since then when I go to the widgets, it says "installing" next to it and I can't cancel it. Restarting the phone doesn't work either, nor removing and replacing the battery.

Is there any way of forcing it to either install or uninstall the widget?

I'm using

Android version: 2.3.5
HTC Sense version: 3.0
Software number: 3.13.110.4

Hello and welcome to the forums - thanks for joining!

When you say until an update became available, do you mean until you got the update that brought Sense 3.0 to the phone? If so, I believe that there were a few HTC widgets that disappeared - they appear to have withdrawn a couple - if you had any of them installed, that could be why they are not working any more.

I am not 100% sure, as I am running a custom ROM, so don't use any of the stock widgets myself... perhaps someone else would be able to advise?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the welcome.

I already had the update to Sense 3.0 and had previously updated the battery widget under Sense 3.0. It's just that now when I select the "Get more HTC widgets" option, Battery is at the top of the list and it's status is "Installing". When I select it, it goes to the widget preview screen where normally there'd be Install/Uninstall and Details buttons. All I get is a Cancel button that I can't use. I select it and nothing happens. Pressing Menu->Refresh tells me that the list is up to date.

Upvote 0
It might help to solve the problem if you go to:

Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> All

and then select the application "Battery". Mine is showing v2.50 and it seems to run perfectly - is yours a more recent version than that? Anyway, from that screen you should be able to force the application to stop, or you can uninstall it. For me at least, there is no data to clear and the cache is empty, hence those buttons are greyed out.

Upvote 0
It might help to solve the problem if you go to:

Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> All

and then select the application "Battery". Mine is showing v2.50 and it seems to run perfectly - is yours a more recent version than that? Anyway, from that screen you should be able to force the application to stop, or you can uninstall it. For me at least, there is no data to clear and the cache is empty, hence those buttons are greyed out.

Just tried that and "Battery" does not appear in the list. Not that I can see, anyway. Other widgets are in the list under their own name, but not the battery one.

Is it possible/wise to uninstall, then re-install the hub or sense apps?

Upvote 0
I don't know for sure, but if I were in your position, I'd probably first try clearing the data and cache of HTC Hub (from the same menu as before). If I recall correctly, doing the same for HTC Sense will change your seven home-screens back to their defaults, although these only takes a few minutes to reinstate, provided you can remember what you'd placed where! If necessary, you can always hold the power button down and then blip the home button do a screen grab of each home-screen before you clear the cache and data for HTC Sense.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones