• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Differences in ROMs?

hapworth

Feb 19, 2016
Hey All,

Sorry if this is a totally dumb question. I recently got my Warp Sync Rooted with KU (it took a few tries, had to use the Desktop App (and navigate blind through gibberish... not even Chinese because I guess my Language Packs weren't installed) and after it failed, trying it on my phone again worked, fyi.) woohoo.

I'm trying to figure out which ROM to put in, and I get the differences between LP and KK and the like... but there are a few ROMs for LP, all released by phenom, with what looks like identical ChangeLogs and no Screenshots or list of various features.

Can someone break this down for me on why I would choose Carbon over Nameless vs BlissPop, etc? Are they that different?

Or to make it even easier, I'm looking for a Minimal Speedy ROM that gives me some room to tinker, with awesome Battery Life. I probably won't mess with things like overclocking and such.

Thanks!
-h

Update: After some looking around, turns out they are totally different animals. For other noobs, here's a list of each project's official sites that may give you a better idea... Still no concept of what Nameless does though...

Nameless ROM - nameless-rom.org
Carbon ROM - carbonrom.org
BlissPop ROM - blissroms.com

You'll have to excuse me, I remember messing with older phones when ROM devs didn't have official websites, just official threads on places like here and XDA and having to trudge through pages upon pages of posts :).

Last edited:
Hey All,

Sorry if this is a totally dumb question. I recently got my Warp Sync Rooted with KU (it took a few tries, had to use the Desktop App (and navigate blind through gibberish... not even Chinese because I guess my Language Packs weren't installed) and after it failed, trying it on my phone again worked, fyi.) woohoo.

I'm trying to figure out which ROM to put in, and I get the differences between LP and KK and the like... but there are a few ROMs for LP, all released by phenom, with what looks like identical ChangeLogs and no Screenshots or list of various features.

Can someone break this down for me on why I would choose Carbon over Nameless vs BlissPop, etc? Are they that different?

Or to make it even easier, I'm looking for a Minimal Speedy ROM that gives me some room to tinker, with awesome Battery Life. I probably won't mess with things like overclocking and such.

Thanks!
-h

Update: After some looking around, turns out they are totally different animals. For other noobs, here's a list of each project's official sites that may give you a better idea... Still no concept of what Nameless does though...

Nameless ROM - nameless-rom.org
Carbon ROM - carbonrom.org
BlissPop ROM - blissroms.com

You'll have to excuse me, I remember messing with older phones when ROM devs didn't have official websites, just official threads on places like here and XDA and having to trudge through pages upon pages of posts :).
Ur best bet is to try each ROM to see what suits u like the rest of us have

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Screenshot_20160220-233542.png
so close I can taste it just waiting on service

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones