• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Disable hardware overlays

SilentKoala

Sep 10, 2011
Nobody in the general rezound forum seems to know this so maybe I'll try here. A certain root app requires that I disable HW overlays in the developer options menu. Yet, I checked thoroughly and I can't seem to find this option anywhere on the rezound. Anyone know how to do this?

Nobody in the general rezound forum seems to know this so maybe I'll try here. A certain root app requires that I disable HW overlays in the developer options menu. Yet, I checked thoroughly and I can't seem to find this option anywhere on the rezound. Anyone know how to do this?

no idea. what app are you refering to,and what rom are you running?

Upvote 0
aaaaahhh. sorry for the late reply. so sounds like youre not running a rom,youre just rooted stock. im running cm on my rezound,but checking my one X wich is running stock 4.1 JB,both of those settings are in settings/developer options/advanced. there is a button up top that you need to turn on to get the dev options menu. if you found the force gpu rendering setting,it should be in the same place.

hope that helps :)

Upvote 0
Yeah, I have the developer options menu, with the GPU option, but there's no "advanced" and no "disable HW overlays." I wonder if this means ICS no longer allows this feature and I need to flash a custom ROM?

are you sure you need that setting? is the app not working properly?

it may be that setting doesnt exist on ICS... my one x is on jelly bean,setting is there. i have an LTE Evo that is on ICS,and it does not have the HW overlays setting.

if the app is not working correctly,i guess you could try a rom... im not sure if there are funtional JB ports other than CM. the setting does not exist in cm10.1,but you could try cm9 or 10... if you dont care about a functional bluetooth.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones