• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable slide lock screen

eyeballer

Jun 26, 2010
NYC
I really like the pattern unlock that android has, but I don't like.. having to both slide to unlock, then pattern unlock. Any way to disable the first slide lock only?

I've searched, an found a few old threads but nothing helpful. Apps like nolock, disable both lock screens.

Any suggestions?

I really like the pattern unlock that android has, but I don't like.. having to both slide to unlock, then pattern unlock. Any way to disable the first slide lock only?

I've searched, an found a few old threads but nothing helpful. Apps like nolock, disable both lock screens.

Any suggestions?

I've been wondering the EXACT same thing. I have NoLock, too, but I would still like the pattern unlock to stay on.

Upvote 0
Not trying to be rude, but does it really matter that the iphone is the same way?

Lulz.. Sorry, I forgot Im surrounded by a bunch of fandroids, and not allowed to mention the 'iPhone'.

Would you like me to edit my post for you, sir?
Ill send my posts to you in a message from now on so you can make sure they're Richboy worthy.
Not trying to be rude.

Upvote 0
I'm waiting for this functionality as well. I've tried a few things including deleting the HTClockscreen.apk, revealing the Vanilla lock, only to find out that the Vanilla lock stays even after pattern lock is re-enabled.

I've downloaded Extended controls to remove the lock screen initially only to find that it breaks my alarm clock - which was remedied by another alarm clock app. I'm running Baked Snack with a custom lock screen only for now until I find a concrete solution.

The only other way I know of is using CM6 or another senseless based ROM.

[Edit] Although apparently in THIS THREAD someone was able to disable only the HTC lock screen with SwitchPro App. Going to test this.

Upvote 0
For those using NoLock, if you have SwitchPro widget, you can accomplish the same thing.

I turn off my screen lock, and that also turns off the unlock pattern. Good luck in finding something that disables the screen lock but allows the password lock to enable.

I think somehow, the password lock is linked to the screen lock. That is probably how the inactivity time is calculated.

With SwitchPro, by disabling the screen lock, you also end up disabling the password lock. The inactivity of the password is somehow linked to the screen timing out.

EDITED to add:

WHen the screen lock is disabled, volume up, volume down, and the power buttons all wake the phone up. I do this on purpose so that I don't wear out the power button. I use the power button to turn off the screen, and the volume up button to turn it back on.

Upvote 0
I've pretty much worn my fingers down to the bone searching for something. It seems crazy to me that in development NO ONE would have brought up the fact that with pattern/password lock enabled that the screen slide would not be needed. Every program I have tested is either all or none as of now.

Upvote 0
It seems crazy to me that in development NO ONE would have brought up the fact that with pattern/password lock enabled that the screen slide would not be needed.

Agreed. My N1 and Epic, along with friends' Transform, G1, G2, Droids, and many other Android phones all behave as expected--pattern lock on, screen lock OFF!

Maybe this is an HTC/Sense thing, but I'm suprised that no dev has come up with a way to defeat this.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded AntiLock, it has "No Lock Mode" (any button will wake the screen up) and "Skip Lock Mode" (power button wakes screen up). I installed and ran it with pattern lock enabled, it skips the slide locker (although it does flash onscreen for an instant) and goes right to my pattern lock screen (no Emergency number button though). Droid X with 2.2

Not tested on an EVO 4G but hope it helps.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded AntiLock, it has "No Lock Mode" (any button will wake the screen up) and "Skip Lock Mode" (power button wakes screen up). I installed and ran it with pattern lock enabled, it skips the slide locker (although it does flash onscreen for an instant) and goes right to my pattern lock screen (no Emergency number button though). Droid X with 2.2

Not tested on an EVO 4G but hope it helps.

Thanks for sharing this. I might give it a try. It sounds like this app "presses" the screen / slide unlock for you, rather than trying to disable it.

I read the reviews, and many report that it stops working after a few days. Is this your experience? Also, how does the widget come into play?

Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing this. I might give it a try. It sounds like this app "presses" the screen / slide unlock for you, rather than trying to disable it.

I read the reviews, and many report that it stops working after a few days. Is this your experience? Also, how does the widget come into play?

I just installed the antilock app (service) today. I'll will keep you updated on if/when it fails for me. So far it does exactly like what we've been looking for - no slide lock but still pattern lock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones