• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disabling sense ui

As of right now I am kind of on the fence about disabling sense ui, some of the features sound pretty cool, but I kind of prefer the looks of stock android.

I was excited when I saw this video but then I found out that you couldn't do this with the final software the model shipped with, and I'm sure we won't be able to do it with incredible either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2Amcaot1Us

My question is, how different is android 2.1 with sense disabled vs. regular old android 2.1? I have a feeling there won't be that fly-in app menu which I love.

(Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but it seems your question has been answered and this thread is just too similar for me to start a new one.)

Upvote 0
I was excited when I saw this video but then I found out that you couldn't do this with the final software the model shipped with, and I'm sure we won't be able to do it with incredible either...

I am always amazed by the things that are locked down on production models. It seems so strange to me - I can only imagine that they do it from a standpoint of support. I think for this kind of situation though that doesn't really hold water. If you call support and say - hey, my phone is doing weird stuff they have you re-boot FIRST anyway. So the Sense UI will load again and viola you are back to the stock phone again.

Lame.

We should most certainly have the option of running Android 2.1 stock or Sense UI.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones