1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root {DISCONTINUED}MegaTron 6.2.5 (Updated 7/13/13)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chevanlol360, Jan 29, 2012.

1. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert
    None

Oct 28, 2011
    Male
    tech videos/ Dev'ing
    new york
    Ehh I never rlly had to ever delete em since they should auto write on each boot but go ahead, no its not for people who partition their sdcards its practically everyone with an android phone and a sdcard.

Advertisement

bigazzdave and cwgraf71 like this.
  2. bigazzdave

bigazzdave Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2013
    sent a lil donation ur way, sorry its not much bro but just wanted to say thanx for everything!!! p.s. hope u find the apk for changing the grey toggle bar lol

I used the donation tab on the 1st page was that the correct place for donations? just wanna make sure u get it for some reason paypal says the transactipon was complete but the $ still on my card lol

3. mavrikmeercat

mavrikmeercat Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 21, 2011
    Male
    Electrican, Network Tech, Home Theater Tech, Video
    N.O. LA.
    Got it.. Thanks.

As you all may or may not know. The donation link is mine. Im currently trying to raise enough money to order Chev a new hard drive for his PC. I have (about 15 min ago) ordered him a new asrock motherboard to replace the crappy one he's using (no offence bro) and I also will be sending him 8gb of ddr2 pc2-8500 gaming RAM that I had laying around from a computer I rebuilt for a customer. I would like to get him a 3.5 2tb sata2 internal HDD. At my wholesale cost, its about $80.00

Right now the funds are at $18.00 thanks to BIGAZZDAVE!!

I'm not asking for anyone to put out a bunch of money. But if everyone that uses Chev's hard work put up $1.00, we would have the money to buy him a brand new PC.

Please send anything you can. Every little bit helps!!! I couldn't think of a guy who deserves it more.

Edit: just to be clear. I set this PayPal account solely for Chevanlol360 because when he and I teamed up, he was only 16. I have never/will never use a penny for myself. I have no need to.

chevanlol360 and bigazzdave like this.
  4. bigazzdave

bigazzdave Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2013
    a lot of hard work goes into what yall do , I hope more people step up and help out!!!! u guyz are awesome :) lol thanx!!! :)

5. Xion713

Xion713 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 6, 2013
    SO i just flashed Megatron 6.2.5 and i followed each step.. but now its just stuck on the LG screen, not doing anything except the buttons flashing. I can get back into CWM, and I've tried reflashing but it just sits there. Ugh.

6. niteNarmor

niteNarmor Android Expert
    None

Jun 28, 2012
    Male
    Jacksonville, NC
    Ummmm LG? If that is correct, that's the issue. This thread is for the Samsung Transform Ultra.

7. chevanlol360

None

Oct 28, 2011
    Male
    tech videos/ Dev'ing
    new york
    Impossible, no device can flash the Megatron ROM that was specially made for the transform ultra. I have security measures to avoid this kind of problem. Please make your way over to the lg marquees Megatron thread and not here.
    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=689162

niteNarmor likes this.
  8. anaconda691

anaconda691 Member
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    I finally got around to installing 6.25 the other day, it's definitely smooth, good stuff :p

I saw some people mentioning this but not to the same extent that I have experienced.

Since link2sd wasn't working, I had to uninstall with titanium backup then reboot, then reinstall to get it working, but then I noticed that all of the apps that are preinstalled gave me the "Package file was not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again." when I try updating them in the playstore.

Is this by design or is something wrong?

9. nighthawk1986

nighthawk1986 Lurker
    None

Apr 10, 2011
    Male
    Ohio
    I finally got 6.2.5 installed. Same issue with Link2SD not working. I reflashed a couple of times to see if that would fix it but no luck (didn't have access to the forums cause of spotty wifi availability). I also tried to remove it with Root App Delete. I finally used ES File Explorer to remove all of its files manually and got it reinstalled. Now if I could get my phone to quit acting like a goober.

Has anyone used this particular SD card in the TU?

Amazon.com : SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC C10/UHS1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-032G-AFFP-A) : Micro Sd Card : Electronics

It occasionally reports as broken and it makes my phone lock up all the time. When googling the issue I found someone on another forum said that their battery was causing SD card issues. I recently purchased this extended battery and was wondering if it might be the cause.

Amazon.com: Hyperion Sprint Samsung Transform Ultra M930 3500mAh Extended Battery, Back Cover: Cell Phones & Accessories

Any help would be appreciated.

10. anaconda691

anaconda691 Member
    None

Aug 31, 2011
  11. bigazzdave

bigazzdave Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2013
    I had the same issues but it seems like its already installed and setup but u cant access the app....if u notice after u download other apps the icon for link2sd pops up and asks if u want to move app to the sd card...so link2sd is working even tho u cant access the app....hope this helps....not sure about the sdcard problems tho lol but I have been having sum random reboots after apps lag... other than that its running smoother than a babies bottom lmao​

12. anaconda691

anaconda691 Member
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    Yeah, but all the pre-installed apps are doing it for me which doesn't allow me to update any of them giving me that error.

13. anaconda691

anaconda691 Member
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    I dunno, just uninstalled all of the preinstalled apps using titanium backup, restarted, and reinstalled. It seems to be OK so far, still don't understand what caused this.

14. JIWebby

JIWebby Newbie
    None

May 2, 2012
    Male
    USA, Alabama, Huntsville
    Using Megatron: Where is the audio file for the boot animation located and what is the filename?

15. JIWebby

JIWebby Newbie
    None

May 2, 2012
    Male
    USA, Alabama, Huntsville
    Never mind :) Found it.
    root:system\etc\
    Thanks go out to my Boost Mobile rep. He introduced me to Megatron.
    Love the rom..
    Thank you

16. Madroxide

Madroxide Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    Boost Sales Rep
    Huntsville
    Your Boost Mobile rep was happy to help...hope ya got to work on time..:)

JIWebby likes this.
  17. JIWebby

JIWebby Newbie
    None

May 2, 2012
    Male
    USA, Alabama, Huntsville
    Nope, I was late.
    It was all okay.
    Thanks again and now I know what name your going by in here.

18. Hojapoja

Hojapoja Lurker
    None

May 20, 2012
    Does the built in updater work? I assume it does since you put it in and everything works great. Will I still lose all of my Apps like when I first installed the ROM?

I would like to just have it update overnight and be ready to go in the morning but I'm afraid that I may not be able to use my phone if something goes wrong.

Is there a way to save all of my installed apps if I did the regular install from clockwork mod routine?

I know I have lots of question :rolleyes: Thanks in advance

19. cwgraf71

cwgraf71 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 1, 2012
    Male
    Microsoft/Networking
    Westlake, Los Angeles, CA
    OK here is everything from the start....

1. I Odin back to stock (that would be the sock with OTA updates 2.3.6)
    2. I then rooted the 2.3.6 used new CWM recovery
    3. Installed MegaTron zip from sdcard
    a. Had numerous problem/issues/FC.....
    b. I re did the install from zip as directed it was better but started to notice few things then a lot of things.

FC's, sounds for ring and notices would change I guessing on reboot,some volumes would be changed to silent, vibrate selection changed, couldn't find roaming choices until it was going to roam, 3G barely moving speedtest at 13kb down 14kb up ping 1062ms, tower signal going in and out or not available where I had signal before, turning on WiFi both 3G and WiFi icons are present but traffic does not load anything and calls cannot be made with wifi on (have some screen shots of both icons and message of network communication issues), Flashlight app I use shows at the top of screen a thin stip of what the camera is seeing, had issues with link2sd (uninstalled reinstalled then replaced it with app2sd pro) OMG dcsms didn't work properly and the chomp I use wont send/receive mms, view rom stats not working, this morning I had 3 calls that did not ring-show in log but did show voicemail icon, notice this evening that TB had not done the last two mornings backups, in the call log cannot press phone icon to directly dial the icon is not there and takes 3 clicks to dial, some of the toggles like flashlight only screen lights up screen capture hasn't worked, installed screen capture I use and it works. Love the sounds for lock and unlock screen but super loud. Screen brightness at its lowest...in the dark is so bright. Majority of apps that FC worked after uninstall then reinstall. Once after a reboot lost icons on my desktop pages, no issues with camera like others had. I use OS Monitor and in the message tab, lists debug messages before I just had yellow messages regarding touch screen and battery changes nothing like the red alerts, errors some pppd:32339 vs_open ttyCDMA, refcount1 (and other pppd/CDMA messages) some playback messages and what caught my attention first was the red messages about ram being used up/not releasing. I was only able to capture a couple of screen shots because after I select screen shot it would scroll back to the top, in this app only. Loading after reboot laggs and at times things take a moment to catch up I have tried to see what could possible be using the system and cannot find anything.

I notice some of these are listed and nearly 100 pages to get threw to read and not listed with known issues. Many apps had more to offer including Google play finally have the newest version and functionality including apps with in app purchase. Just now saw that if I tap the time in notice bar it gives options, cool.

Finally I stopped putting this off.

I really like the look and feel of MegaTron. Would like suggestions so I can keep it.

20. mrdroids

mrdroids Newbie
    None

Feb 17, 2013
    So I updated to the latest version last night and now it would seem that I cant receive pictures via text. A friend sent me one this morning and when I go to download it I get this message: "mms transaction is failed. http 403 error forbidden. retry soon". Any idea what is going on and how to fix this? My 3G is turned on. No wifi right now as i'm at work. Additionally, I read on some other posts that updating the PRL might work. Unfortunately I can not update due to a "No Service Error". I have also tried restarting the phone and pulling the battery. My 3G does work because when I start apps that use it, they work. Apps like weather etc.

21. chevanlol360

None

Oct 28, 2011
    Male
    tech videos/ Dev'ing
    new york

Most of the network related issues you were talking about is probably an issue with just your phone. call boos and tell them you want to refresh you phone because its not working properly via network. the only network issue i can see most people having here is mms issue. IF you are on sprint you need to manually change the mmsc url from boost to sprint or use a 3rd party app such as go sms and change the apns in the app so that you can get mms. As for the other issues like ringing/vibrating or call delay issue i will have to take a look into it.

22. cwgraf71

None

Mar 1, 2012
    Male
    Microsoft/Networking
    Thanks Chev,
    I am on the sprint network can you point me in the right direction for the manual URL change for mms?

BTW all the apps were redownloaded and installed only data was recovered on some, and no known network issues on the last ROM that I have been using for nearly 2 years.

23. chevanlol360

None

Oct 28, 2011
    Male
    tech videos/ Dev'ing
    new york
    You shouldnt have to update the prl to get mms but sometimes the network acts up and you might have to do it once in a while. are you on sprint?? did you change the mmsc url??

24. mrdroids

mrdroids Newbie
    None

Feb 17, 2013
    No, i'm on Boost. I have not changed anything yet. Really don't know how to anyway.
    When I try to update the PRL, this is the error I get.
    "The PRL update could not be completed. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact Customer Service. Error: No Service Error"
    I can also see that there is NO 3G activity going on when it trys to update.
    Everything else seems to work fine. Calls, text go through just no pictures, Play store, e-mail etc. The only other issue I had was with Link2Sd but I fixed that already.

25. cwgraf71

None

Mar 1, 2012
    Male
    Microsoft/Networking

Chev, I too have thought updating the PRL would help 3G and signal but found out that it does not work from the settings in the phone and need to do it manually. Not so sure how to go about it and where is the most current PRL. And no way to change lock screen volumes?