• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DISCONTINUED][ROM][5.1.1][MS345] Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 for LG Leon

So this is dead I assume honcho hasn't given any word so nice knowing ya fellas back to my l70 at least that has cm13 kinda sad when thinking about it oh well maybe if we can get this phone to the right dev

wow i hate greedy people and unthankful people.. you want cm13 for this phone then why dont you just go ahead and make it then for all of us... people forget that all devs that make custom roms do this for free, the spend lots of time building these roms .. they are human have a life and family... if we dont see another rom for this phone then oh well life moves on i am thankful for what we already have for this phone. so go head you build cm13 for this phone i will wait for you to try to do it... its not as easy as one thinks.....

Upvote 0
Maybe but its stable ... Look I have been around these forums for a while and we have been given updates if a dev has been busy and stuff I've seen people ask honcho what the word was and nothing of course people are gonna start thinking get this phone to another dev just how the l70 got done everybody banded together and got a l70 sent to vmo3 and boom stable roms pumping out and he got a lot of love for it and "donations". Not trying to be Ann ass but I know the l70 is weak why do you think I said it was sad to see the device die

Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
wow i hate greedy people and unthankful people.. you want cm13 for this phone then why dont you just go ahead and make it then for all of us... people forget that all devs that make custom roms do this for free, the spend lots of time building these roms .. they are human have a life and family... if we dont see another rom for this phone then oh well life moves on i am thankful for what we already have for this phone. so go head you build cm13 for this phone i will wait for you to try to do it... its not as easy as one thinks.....
Never said it was easy buddy don't put words in my mouth sorry I want to not let the phone just die and try and get it to a dev whos not as busy as honcho of course I appreciate honcho too for alls he's done but that don't mean just cause he's done the phones done

Upvote 0
For Pandora to work on this rom, I got V4A(viper4android). Its on Google play. Just download then open the app & go thru the setup & choose which of the types you want. May ask to reboot here, if so, do it. After that, enable it by opening the app & checking the little box that says "enable" at the top under where it says master power. Then reboot your phone. After that, all thats left is to either freeze or uninstall the CM stock audio driver & reboot again. To freeze or uninstall it, i recommend titan backup as its been reliable to me & the majority the rooting community. Pandora won't work unless u freeze or uninstall that app & have V4a enabled. Once you're done, pandora should work right as rain. This worked for me & i hope it works for you too. Any questions feel free to ask.
What is the name of the stock cm audio driver? Is it a apk?
I didn't know about freezing or uninstalling it. I haven't done it and it works for me but sometimes I have to go into V4A and turn it off and back on to get Pandora working.
TIA for the help.

Upvote 0
Never said it was easy buddy don't put words in my mouth sorry I want to not let the phone just die and try and get it to a dev whos not as busy as honcho of course I appreciate honcho too for alls he's done but that don't mean just cause he's done the phones done

This thread has been closed in the past due to nonsense. Everyone should get back on track. I NEED, as well as many others im sure, to have access to this thread. I along with every other member highly appreciate all of the hard work done by the amazing minds in these forums. I still patiently anticipate further development on this device. Thank you everyone and have a happy and safe holiday.

Upvote 0
You're fine bro. No biggie. No biggie. I've owned the L70 as well and I'm always glad to see any Android getting great DEV love. And maybe somebody else could/would take the Leon farther within the realm of custom roming. Hell I'd love to see a custom kernel for this device myself. I personally feel the battery could use what a custom kernel could/would offer this phone. But no man you're straight. I might have come off a bit snippy..... So...... No worries.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ya you usually run into the problem on any cam/cam apk you try after a cam acts up. I remember like my 3rd android I ever had I downloaded a 3rd party apk in which took my cam & any cam apk I tried after that out..... until I kept what I wanted off the 3rd party apk and uninstalled the 3rd party app itself..... And when I was running the LG Optimus F6 I ran a custom kernel by a magician called DM, with Carbon ROM (Rom for the F6) and there was a camfix for that custom kernel
but I'm not sure the deal with you're Leon's stock kernel or if its even related to you're kernel in regards to you're camera. But I would wipe everything start over and see if it still persists... Now check you're cam before you set ur apps up first. Then after you set up ur apps. It will help you narrow down if the issue is an app ur running etc. So my best advice on regarding ur cam, is try those steps. And get back with me on ur findings bro!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Mickey
Upvote 0
Its been awhile since I've been here, I lost my LG Leon when i was skateboarding and it fell outta my pocket and i ran over it, sigh idk how it happened but i'm glad i had bought insurance for my phone, they gave me a replacement phone which was an Samsung Galaxy Avant, and man this phones going through when it comes to cm12.1, cm11 and aokp custom roms work great but i miss this rom a hellava lot, I'll keep watching this thread tho as its still very interesting to me, keep up the great work devs, don't have this phone anymore, but that doesn't mean i can't still support it.

Upvote 0
Its been awhile since I've been here, I lost my LG Leon when i was skateboarding and it fell outta my pocket and i ran over it, sigh idk how it happened but i'm glad i had bought insurance for my phone, they gave me a replacement phone which was an Samsung Galaxy Avant, and man this phones going through when it comes to cm12.1, cm11 and aokp custom roms work great but i miss this rom a hellava lot, I'll keep watching this thread tho as its still very interesting to me, keep up the great work devs, don't have this phone anymore, but that doesn't mean i can't still support it.
And u guys are awesome, I'll gladly help this rom out with development when I get an actual LAPTOP, instead of this horrid chromebook, I can't stand not being able to do anything because its an ARM type OS, even tho i can install Ubuntu on it, I still can't do shizzzzz, can't wait to help and also help develop a port of cm12.1 to my phone, hell cm13 to BOTH!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones