• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Display stopped working

schmendrek

Lurker
Jul 22, 2010
I just downloaded a game from the market and after I started playing it for about a minute the display faded and then stopped working. I've tried rebooting it and pulling out the battery but the display still won't turn on. The backlight and buttons still light up though. Is there any way to fix this problem, or is my phone broken now?

My Backlight stopped working on my HTC Hero. You can see a very faint screen in bright sun light but that is it. Touch screen still works but in normal light, can't see anything. This happened 13 months into my contract, so not covered by warrantee (12 months). I have never had a fault with any of my phones and this is the first. I don't think I will buy another HTC. Support is also poor. I like the phone, but too many problems. I don't want an iphone, but seem to be pushed towards it. I may consider the Galaxy S.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones