• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dissappearing owner's info?

This could just be a bug, I have searched other forums and I don't seem to be able to locate a pattern in this happening.

Can you describe specifically what happens?
The owner information (Dee, deeajo@gmail com marked with the arrow) just intermittantly vanishes from the lock screen. I'll have the time, the date, a empty line, them my next alarm showing. I check my settings, and in Lock Screen, "owner Information, show user information on lockscreen" is still selected. This screenshot shows what it is supposed to look like. The next time it vanishes I'll update with that screenshot.

before.jpg

Upvote 0
The phone certainly has its quirks. Last night I asked it what time it was and she said "it is what it is". Out of the blue the night before she yells out "if this is a dream I don't want to wake up." I guess a squirrelly lock screen should not suprise me..I can't say my phone has no personality!

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm a new note 3 user, moved from note 1 (and at the moment still prefer note 1).

I have owner info set to show on lock screen. owner info shows on the initial lock screen when I power up. but if I lock (by tapping power button) then go back to unlock (by tapping on power button or home button) no owner info.

The note 1 shows owner info on all lock screens.

BUG definite BUG
\_/
'-0-'
--0--
.-0-.

Upvote 0
The owner information (Dee, deeajo@gmail com marked with the arrow) just intermittantly vanishes from the lock screen. I'll have the time, the date, a empty line, them my next alarm showing. I check my settings, and in Lock Screen, "owner Information, show user information on lockscreen" is still selected. This screenshot shows what it is supposed to look like. The next time it vanishes I'll update with that screenshot.

before.jpg

Mine does the same...

Was wondering if there is a way to make the time show in a larger font on the lock screen.. I nearly need reading glasses to read it.. Have searched through my settings but see no way to enlarge it..
Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones