1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

DL30 2.2 Nandroid?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Synack, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Synack

Synack Well-Known Member

Has anyone been able to successfully backup a nandroid of DL30 and then restore it after? I can make a backup but can't restore it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dragonzsoul

dragonzsoul Well-Known Member

i have, it worked perfectly for me

3. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

yup, did it for the heck of it..no problems

4. nunyazz

nunyazz Android Enthusiast

Yes......

5. Synack

Synack Well-Known Member

Well mine didn't. I tried to restore a nandroid rom and it failed and got stuck on Samsung logo loop.

6. sreymj

sreymj Well-Known Member

Yes, multiple times. Do you have the latest cwm?

7. Synack

Synack Well-Known Member

I believe so, I flashed new_cwm.zip multiple times.

8. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

thats not the latest cwr_froyo.zip is

9. xceebeex

xceebeex Well-Known Member

Is there a way to verify that I have the right CWR installed? Right now I am running the DL30_cwr or something like that, that supposedly has the new cwr in it, but I am not sure how to tell if it is the "right" one.

10. Synack

Synack Well-Known Member

Link? new_cwm has been working for me for everything except nandroids and wipe battery and fix permissions

11. sreymj

sreymj Well-Known Member

Is this new, cwr_froyo.zip? I haven't been in irc for a couple of days. So, maybe I missed something. new_cwm.zip is what works for me; I have gone from DL30 bloated, RubikS, Vanilla AOSP and back with no problems.

12. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

new_cwr.zip is whats packaged in superclean and its fine..it *should* nandroid and seems to for most

cwr_froyo.zip is a red *voodoo* recovery that doesnt actually have voodoo and you still have to manually apply the update.zip for...however adb and mass storage in recovery work...thats the only differences

13. sreymj

sreymj Well-Known Member

So, to help this guy out, are you recommending a switch to the new recovery? If so, please provide a helpful link. I don't see it posted on XDA (could have overlooked it).

Again, new_cwm.zip nandroid with has worked fine in my experience.

14. Synack

Synack Well-Known Member

Yes please give a link. I'm not getting superclean because I've had it and its too buggy and I like my current setup. Thank you.

15. sreymj

sreymj Well-Known Member

Synack, I'm not a fan of posting links from IRC. Join the #fascinate-froyo channel and ask for the updated recovery link. That's the best way to obtain the new recovery (until it's posted by jt1134 himself). It is recommended by jt1134 though.

16. saps

saps Extreme Android User

new red or new green?

17. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

new red...it wants to think its really voodoo recovery..but alas its the same old update.zip green...dressed up a little nicer :)

18. sreymj

sreymj Well-Known Member

Red, no voodoo of course.

19. saps

But you still have to hit apply.update i.e. it doesnt go straight to red from recovery button

20. sreymj

sreymj Well-Known Member

Correct.

21. saps

well new green is good enough for me, even though I think I had new red before this with jt's vanilla v.3 who knows Im good

22. DaYooper

DaYooper Newbie

I have the new cwm in "red" and it gets stuck while making a nandroid, over 30 minutes. I battery pulled and rebooted. I guess I will try again :D

23. xceebeex

So still no link to the cwr_froyo?

24. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

just pop into irc and ask for it...i dont personally have a link handy from my phone

25. xceebeex

Jt just posted it on xda :)

And speaking of IRC, is there a new channel that everyone is on or has the usage really died down that much? Every time I log on there is no one talking whereas a few weeks ago, there was always people on there talking. I thought I saw something about a #fascinate-froyo channel but when I tried to join it said it was invite only.

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews