• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you have a VERIZON Galaxy Nexus?

Betty boop bump, lol. This is great, but just for kicks, I suggested it almost a month ago but my thread got moved:

http://androidforums.com/suggestion-box-feedback/452220-open-letter-admins-please-split-nexus.html

But who am I? All I can say is if it were done back then it would have made the transition alot easier since that was before the VZW (CDMA/LTE) version was released; especially since this section has grown by about 200 threads a day since the VZW release date.

Just a dribblin'

Reactions: Frisco
Upvote 0
Thanx doood! ;)

Man... nostalgic seeing your user name again. :)

New avatar right after Christmas, of course. ;)

I was wondering if you'd noticed me since you didn't acknowledge my "Done!" post above. ;-)

Good to see you, too, Buddy. It's been a while!

As much as I loved my Eris, I'm excited to graduate to this incredible piece of machinery!
:cool:

Upvote 0

Thank you rezeew!
icon14.gif

Upvote 0
Seems like a lot of relevancy in the SGN forum as applied to the VZWSGN forum.

I hate going back and forth, probably a HUGE reason why XDA never went this way. Seems like the VZN forum is just a garbage dump with anything VERIZON on it.

Why you all didn't just make the development section split is beyond me. IE the "all things root". Even that name is rooted in confusion. Pun intended.

**bump**

Upvote 0

I hate going back and forth, probably a HUGE reason why XDA never went this way. Seems like the VZN forum is just a garbage dump with anything VERIZON on it.

Why you all didn't just make the development section split is beyond me. IE the "all things root". Even that name is rooted in confusion. Pun intended.

**bump**

Yes. As noted in earlier posts and in the "mods verizon forum.. blah!!" thread. :D

What is "supposed" to come about over time, is this "generic" Gnex area will become more the GSM Gnex area, with Verizon Gnex users making their home in the new sub-forum.

At some point, though, I am nearly certain that this whole Gnex thing will be settled by handling it the same way that the Galaxy 2 forums were handled, with each of the carrier branded different versions having their own forum and All Things Root sub-forums. ;)

[EDIT]: I forgot to mention that if there is anything going on here at Android Forums that you don't like or don't understand or have a suggestion as to how it should come about, or if you just want to vent ;), there is an area here called the Suggestion Box and Feedback forum (http://androidforums.com/suggestion-box-feedback/). You'd be surprised how responsive the Admin and Moderators are there, as they regularly monitor that forum. :)

Reactions: paleodust
Upvote 0

**bump**

Yeah its just a pain to keep up with everything now.

Upvote 0

No pain no gain?

lol .. no (sorry), the Verizon area is spawning new threads and many Verizon Galaxy Nexus owners are making their home there:

Verizon Galaxy Nexus - Android Forums

as well as the Verizon Galaxy Nexus All Things Root sub-forum (some important differences in rooting, etc):

Verizon Galaxy Nexus - All Things Root - Android Forums

So, if you do have a Verizon version, could you please indicate so in your "Current Devices" section of the "Details" page in your Control Panel? :)

Happy happy joy joy. :D

Reactions: paleodust
Upvote 0

Yup, two general forums. Then the "all things root" which I have always considered very misleading, as it takes noobs and associates root with flash and then there's a ton of other questions.

It's the general I hate. Splitting out development forums... **cough** other forums for each is a good thing and it took a little while. Again, I can see either split 100% on the root forums, or just the dev sub-forums.

This format is difficult as you have to go back and forth between the two.

How can you link a general thread to both forums that apply to both forums? Just askin' lol. Some case reviewer was confused and even stated that in his first post, lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones