• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Do you like your Indulge?

we have rooted the phone just check the all in one root subform
and the phone is only 200$ :p

yeah, because the battery life sucks, and u wont have to worry about it when ur LTE radio breaks and shows LTE: Unknown.

getting my 3rd indulge monday, i would of never wasted my money if i knew this was ur typical plastic phone with nothing to offer more than weird problems u cant fix, metro cant fix and samsung cant fix

you responded to 2 posts that will be 1 year old tomorrow.

Reactions: tiede
Upvote 0
Did you buy an Indulge?
Do you like it?
What are you doing with it?
Do you regret buying it?
How does it compare to your previous phone?
Did you get any accessories? Which ones?
What Apps do you plan on loading onto it?

I was told by one store manager that he sold out in one day.

So I know there are a few more peopke out the that have this phone......

I purchased an Indulge under the Metro PCS salesmans recomendation.
I like the phone except for a couple of minor quirks.
Trying to surf the web watch YouTube clips.
I regret going to Metro PCS. They promised a fast speed on the net did not come through. Compared to other services in my area, this is by far the worst. My buddy has the T-Mobile 4G pay as you go service and his phone runs rings around mine. I guess I will have to swallow my losses and buy an android from T-Moble. i even looked on other web pages that raved about the Samsung Indulge and how fast it is (what a joke) next time I do better homework.

WARNING WARNING
DO NOT USE METRO PCS! IT IS NOT WHAT THEY PROMISE.

Upvote 0
I had my Indulge for about 6 months and really regret the service, especially my experiences with MetroPCS. I would _NOT_ ever recommend this phone or MetroPCS to anybody other than my worst enemy.

When the phone works - it's great. I was amazed that it could even receive GPS within my house (a weak signal from a satellite over 12,000 miles away).

But it never worked that well. The only reason I stuck with it was that I had spent a bunch of money to purchase the phone and since it would only work with MetroPCS I was stuck - if I decided to go with another company then I would be out the price of the phone.

In terms of hardware -

The GPS receiver went down many many times. There's a thread on the GPS problems here which I've contributed to. About half of the time the soft reset procedure for the GPS worked. But the other times I had to back up my phone, do a hard reset, and then restore the phone from the backup - a process which takes a couple of hours. In addition some of the desktop settings are not backed up so I had to tweak them each time.

The voice quality ranges from barely adequate to horrible. Why Samsung decided to put the speaker on the back of the phone - pointing away from your ear - is anybody's guess. I had to use a hardwired headset to be understood by callers most of the time. The voice quality when listening to a conversation was generally adequate, although the maximum volume was lower than what I'd want, especially in speaker phone mode. With my old non-smartphone Nokia I could turn on the speakerphone, put the phone down on the table and walk around the room and not have any problems hearing the caller or the caller hearing me - the Samsung never came close for voice quality.

Battery life wasn't so hot, but that's certainly something which I expected out of a smartphone with that fast a processor.

MetroPCS was almost useless - both the local store and corporate store. They kept telling me for a couple of months that the reason I wasn't getting 4G service on a consistent basis was their upgrades of their towers. I found out (on my own) that doing a factory reset solved that problem.

I did exchange my phone once and had to pay a $10 fee to do it through the MetroPCS corporate store with a 10 day turn-around to try to solve the GPS problem in case it was my phone which was bad. I received a refurbished phone (as expected) with the same exact problem - something which I never did track down was causing the GPS to fail once every couple of weeks. I tried isolating which application might have been causing a conflict with no success.

The only place where I am happy with the phone is anything which doesn't involve the GPS or MetroPCS. It works with most (not all) of the Android applications I've tried and is a pretty nice portable Internet terminal on WiFi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones