• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do You Text & Drive?

-People doing something with both hands and driving with their knees

i've personally done this in one fashion or another very VERY rarely. i had a stroke, so 1 side of my body was useless for a good frame of time... i started doing things i shouldnt early in recovery for 2 reasons. 1 to see where my progress was and 2 to force myself to JUST DO IT (TM Nike :D)

now i was not a safe driver and should not have been driving as early as i was, but i'm very stubborn and my driving was about 1 mile to the gas station...

i've regained some usefulness from the good ol' right hand but its from pushing it. cutting with sharp knives to learn pressures and stuff.... driving as long as i can bear (safely too)... scissors...

thats all... :):D:rolleyes::cool::eek::):D:rolleyes::cool::eek:

/personal time

F you! :p I'm stayin'!

pugilist.jpg

:D

Upvote 0
Definitely not and I'm against anyone that does. People should value their lives more.

I agree with the first part but not the second. I don't care if they value thier lives more, but they should value the lives of the people around them more! If they want to drive and text into a tree and kill themselves, well, sucks for them. But if they hit me in my car or on my motorcycle because they were texting, that's a whole different situation, because they are bringing their stupid situation into my world now and causing problems that I didn't have anything to do with..

Upvote 0
I know I'm going to get slammed for this.

But I think texting and driving is more dangerous then drinking and driving. Assuming you aren't blackout drunk.

Terrible idea. Don't do it. Please.

True, kind of. I've driven once or twice when I really shouldn't have (I don't do that stupid crap anymore), and while my reactions where slow, at least I was watching the road.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I text and drive all the time, but then again I am using Vlingo and never take my eyes off the road. :D

What terrifies me is how many states don't ban cell phone use for bus drivers and this includes school bus drivers.

Map of bans specific to bus drivers and all cellphones

So it's better that a bus load of nuns get's t-boned at an intersection by a carload of Brett Favre's texting locker room pictures to cheerleaders than it would be if their driver rear ends a fuel truck, stalled on the railroad crossing?

Upvote 0
So it's better that a bus load of nuns get's t-boned at an intersection by a carload of Brett Favre's texting locker room pictures to cheerleaders than it would be if their driver rear ends a fuel truck, stalled on the railroad crossing?

Well geez, do we have something against nuns there lunatic? ;)

The way I see it, the car load of Brett Favreseses would probably end up a smudge on the side of a bus if they hit it while the nuns, bus driver and fuel truck driver would most likely all explode. So....yea, I guess so.

Upvote 0
Mine doesn't either. You see everyone yappin and texting on their phones.

Cops don't do anything.. they see me with one hand on steering wheel and one hand on phone yappin away and they don't bother me.

It is illegal to talk or text here in Washington, and guess what... I see Pigs driving and talking on the phone more than anyone else. Go figure, they usually think they are above the law, because in reality they usually are

Upvote 0
Well geez, do we have something against nuns there lunatic? ;)

The way I see it, the car load of Brett Favreseses would probably end up a smudge on the side of a bus if they hit it while the nuns, bus driver and fuel truck driver would most likely all explode. So....yea, I guess so.

You could always substitute priests for nuns, but somehow I don't think they'd be missed. How about a bus load of baby seals?

Upvote 0
You could always substitute priests for nuns, but somehow I don't think they'd be missed. How about a bus load of baby seals?

that would work for most but macdtdroid (not attacking you, just using you as an example) since animals dont have souls and the such.

(apologize if this is out of line ahead of time)

While I do love animals, I place human life above that of an animal so I would pick the scenario that created the least number of human casualties.

Upvote 0
that would work for most but macdtdroid (not attacking you, just using you as an example) since animals dont have souls and the such.

(apologize if this is out of line ahead of time)

Okay, since we are defining the value of life in terms of possessing souls, how about a bus load of souls is hit head on by an M-1 Abrams tank driven by a soulless baby seal while it was texting the exact location of Osama Bin Laden to the CIA?

Reactions: gallandof
Upvote 0
While I do love animals, I place human life above that of an animal so I would pick the scenario that created the least number of human casualties.

Completely off topic and you can delete this if you want to, but I find it very interesting when Humans place a higher value on Human life and yet are one of the few species on the planet to kill each other arbitrarily.

Upvote 0
Okay, since we are defining the value of life in terms of possessing souls, how about a bus load of souls is hit head on by an M-1 Abrams tank driven by a soulless baby seal while it was texting the exact location of Osama Bin Laden to the CIA?

/conspiracy theopry activate!

Cia already knows where osama is mannnn they're protecting him to milk money from government mannn.

/conspiracy mode terminated

regardless of the severity of possible outcome, texting while driving is stupid. Dont care if you ran over a baby tulip or cause world war 3 you shouldnt text while driving. if its so important you need to answer signal and pull over. if your with someone tell them what to text for you.

/offtopic

hows a baby seal texting or driving in the first place, doesnt have the necessary apendages
/offtopic

Upvote 0

Seals don't have thumbs so they can't text or drive M-1 Abrams tanks. If they did know the exact location of Osama Bin Laden and suddenly grew thumbs in order to text with then the resulting text would most likely be in seal and not English for the CIA to understand. Unless of course the CIA has some form of baby seal translators on staff.

In the unlikely event that baby seals did somehow gain thumbs, enough credit or cash to get a cell phone, learned to drive a tank and knew how to text in English the exact location of Osama Bin Laden then I would say that the bus load full of souls are in trouble and can only hope the seal has the dexterity and speed required to press send before they all blow up.

Upvote 0
In the unlikely event that baby seals did somehow gain thumbs ... etc.

I'm cool with that.

/offtopic

hows a baby seal texting or driving in the first place, doesnt have the necessary apendages
/offtopic

I was going to type something about a mutant baby seal and a quadriplegic nun, but it's time for my meds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones