• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you think Moto will do a Pre-Order?

Well, competition will keep prices relatively low on all of them, although there's no guarantee that they'll be the same price. Amazon, if you're Prime, may cost more because shipping is included. Best Buy has the best warranty, to the best of my knowledge. Moto Maker will keep the phone at cost, depending on the customizations you add like a wood or leather back and memory. For example: I'll be using Moto Maker, and am prepared to spend extra for 64 GB and a wood back. I'll likely get a Squaretrade warranty on it, as there would be no way for Assurion to replace it.

As far as the moment of release? It's anybody's guess. I know I'll be up early-early on the 3rd, checking Moto Maker for the option to order. The advantage of Best Buy is that you can walk out of the store with your new MX Pure: Amazon will take a couple of days to ship, and Moto Maker will take upwards of a week (I project) to build and ship the device.

Upvote 0
SquareTrade wannanty looks interesting. I'm pretty gentle with my phones, I've never broken one. I've had them go bad, but, never because of damage on my part(yet, looking for wood to knock on....).

What is the standard warranty on the X-pure? If I use my Discover card, they double the warranty up to a year.

Upvote 0
Well, competition will keep prices relatively low on all of them, although there's no guarantee that they'll be the same price. Amazon, if you're Prime, may cost more because shipping is included. Best Buy has the best warranty, to the best of my knowledge. Moto Maker will keep the phone at cost, depending on the customizations you add like a wood or leather back and memory. For example: I'll be using Moto Maker, and am prepared to spend extra for 64 GB and a wood back. I'll likely get a Squaretrade warranty on it, as there would be no way for Assurion to replace it.

As far as the moment of release? It's anybody's guess. I know I'll be up early-early on the 3rd, checking Moto Maker for the option to order. The advantage of Best Buy is that you can walk out of the store with your new MX Pure: Amazon will take a couple of days to ship, and Moto Maker will take upwards of a week (I project) to build and ship the device.

I will probably get from Best Buy, but wondering how that works for folks since probably no customizing and only certain models and sizes. I bet BB will have no 64GB models, but if they did I would get mine there. I do not care about customizing since will put a case on it anyway, so basic case is fine for me.

Having a feeling though the 64GB will be hard to get and only through Motorola's order portal.

Speaking of cases, not seeing the point of people touting the pretty slippery glass case of the Note 5 when any apparently sane or cost conscious person would put a case on it. That nulls the pretty sheen.

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
Amazon charges state sales tax now. Just sayin'...
Yeah, I've noticed that on some things, not on others. If the web sites are going to charge me tax anyways, I'll try for the instant gratification of walking out of Best Buy with it in my hands.

EDIT: I just pretended to buy the Moto X GSM, $329, and it did NOT add sales tax, so, there's hope.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll check it out first thing on the 3rd, if I can get it tax-free, and 2 day shipping, then maybe I'll get from Amazon. If I have to pay tax, then I'll probably run out at lunch to my nearest BB. :)

Another EDIT: Crap!!! The_Chief is right, the phone I picked that came up no tax was sold be "BREED", whoever that is. So, I chose one with Prime on it, that is sold by Amazon, and sure enough, they added tax, gggggrrrrrr..... I knew this day would come someday. Good for the local Mom & Pops, I guess. Internet sales not being taxed was an unfair advantage for the likes of Amazon, but, I liked taking advantage of those!! :)

I guess it's actually closer to $23, than $30.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones