• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does anyone get a text notification sound during calls?

Does your phone vibrate wit no sound, or doesn't react at all when you get a text msg during a call? On my milestone, which I have set to tone AND vibe for incoming texts, when I get the text during a call, it vibrates but plays a very shortened version of whatever message tone I have set. Could it be that your phone is just playing the tone so quickly that you don't catch it?

Upvote 0
I also have it set to vibrate and tone, but i only get the vibrate. Sometimes, I get a very very faint noise that somewhat resembles the tone set to play. I'm sure its not playing too quickly, it must be something else. Do you have this same problem on bluetooth headsets too? I had the problem with 2.1 and its still there with 2.2.1 and Cyanogenmod. It's baffled me for a few months now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones