• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE FIRMWARE IN HEX FORMAT FOR THE ALCATEL IDEAL XCITE/CAMEOX 5044R

Hey what's up Mike and ocnbrze! I'm trying to flash an Alcatel Ideal XCITE 5044R that appears to be either bricked or stuck in EDL mode. I've found two main tools used to flash Qualcomm devices - the QPST Flash Tool and the QFIL. I've tried the QFIL tool which requires an .mbn file (Firehouse Programmer file) but it won't take. So I wanna try the QPST but it requires a .hex firmware file (see attached). I cannot find a firmware for my device in .hex format. Make sense?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-28-22-37-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-05-28-22-37-23.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 248
Upvote 0
So .hex is the file extension that the authors of that tool chose?

The problem was clearly that none of us have heard of that file extension (it's probably just used by that tool). And it's a silly name they chose because "hex" is short for "hexadecimal", i.e. base 16, which is often used in low-level computing because it's easy to convert to binary (one hex character maps onto 4 bits). So a hex file is logically no different from a binary file - certainly until you posted the explanation I was thinking just that, and wondering why you were calling it a hex file.

Unfortunately now that I know what you meant I still don't have an answer.

(BTW I use hex regularly. Far easier than decimal for some purposes).

Upvote 0
So .hex is the file extension that the authors of that tool chose?

The problem was clearly that none of us have heard of that file extension (it's probably just used by that tool). And it's a silly name they chose because "hex" is short for "hexadecimal", i.e. base 16, which is often used in low-level computing because it's easy to convert to binary (one hex character maps onto 4 bits). So a hex file is logically no different from a binary file - certainly until you posted the explanation I was thinking just that, and wondering why you were calling it a hex file.

Unfortunately now that I know what you meant I still don't have an answer.

(BTW I use hex regularly. Far easier than decimal for some purposes).
Okay. Thanks. I'm just trying to fix this Alcatel.

Upvote 0
Use Sugar_QCT its Alcatels in house repair tool. Also, if you use a Linux os you can take a file with the prefix of .bin or .img and rename it to .hex then you will have the naming convention you desire, but I would use the other tool.
You can also get help including links to tool and other goodies by asking on telegram at this location:
A-Team General Discussion
Anything Alcatel, AIO ToolKit, Android, CricketRom
https://t.me/Android_General_Chat

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones