• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does Evo support audio/video aux cable?

yoitsnico

Apr 19, 2010
I got a new in dash TV for my car and I'm trying to play videos from my phone. Only solution so far is purchasing an HDMI to RCA converter box (50-100$$). I do not want to use DVD's or purchase an Apple product (I hate Apple).

I'm trying to play videos from my phone. What can you guys recommend for me? Can I purchase a audio/video aux?

Thanks in advance.
Nico

Google innovates, Apple sues.

I got a new in dash TV for my car and I'm trying to play videos from my phone. Only solution so far is purchasing an HDMI to RCA converter box (50-100$$). I do not want to use DVD's or purchase an Apple product (I hate Apple).

I'm trying to play videos from my phone. What can you guys recommend for me? Can I purchase a audio/video aux?

Thanks in advance.
Nico

Google innovates, Apple sues.

Good question! I have mine set up in the car, and use Bluetooth for music, but my understanding is, you cant broadcast video off the Evo over Bluetooth due to ... speed/size restriction? If I understand correctly? Anyways im on the same boat, I do happen to have a USB port on the side of my monitor on the new deck. However the car dock I use would make it awkward to have a plug in the bottom (Seidio car dock, love it)

Upvote 0
Good question! I have mine set up in the car, and use Bluetooth for music, but my understanding is, you cant broadcast video off the Evo over Bluetooth due to ... speed/size restriction? If I understand correctly? Anyways im on the same boat, I do happen to have a USB port on the side of my monitor on the new deck. However the car dock I use would make it awkward to have a plug in the bottom (Seidio car dock, love it)

Hmm.. I also have a USB port, I tried plugging it into my phone and it said unreadable file. Bluetooth may be a solution, but yes I would imagine that there would have to be a speed/size restriction. I'm not familar with Seidio car dock. What type of end connectors does it have? RCA, Aux, or USB.

Thanks for your input!
Nico

Upvote 0
If your receiver only has rca inputs, then you are pretty much stuck with getting a downconverter to convert the hdmi to rca. And I don't know where you found one for under 100 dollars, but I'm guessing its not that good. The cheapest one I have seen is 150 dollars. Also keep in mind, you will need a power converter to convert your car's dc power to ac to power that unit.

Upvote 0
If your receiver only has rca inputs, then you are pretty much stuck with getting a downconverter to convert the hdmi to rca. And I don't know where you found one for under 100 dollars, but I'm guessing its not that good. The cheapest one I have seen is 150 dollars. Also keep in mind, you will need a power converter to convert your car's dc power to ac to power that unit.

What a pain in my ass... I really don't want to you use one of my AV outs to power the converter box.. Is there a way to avoid that as well?

Thanks!

Also, you are probably right about the converter box I'm looking at, but they do exist for as low as 50 dollars.

http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-RCA-component-AV-Converter/dp/B002WBOQPU

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones