• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Does this need a screen protector or case?

cannon11

Aug 22, 2012
Wisconsin
I have a question or two regarding protecting the atrix 4g.
I'm almost positive it has gorilla glass, And Gorilla glass seems to be able to take a beating, as far as I can tell. So Is it really going to get scratched up at all easily? And also, how are the fingerprints on the screen? Does it get really smudgy easily, or does it keep them away pretty good? Does it have an oleophobic coating? Anyone know about that?

And what is the screen crack risk when dropping? I take care of my devices pretty well, the only time I would ever drop it would probably be only 4 ft off the ground, So does anyone know if it tends to crack real easily or does it absorb the shock pretty well? Because I prefer my phones bare, without a case.

thanks!

Hello cannon, welcome to AF. :)

I have a phone that uses gorilla glass, had it for almost a whole year and it hasn't got one scratch on it. I have been careful not to rub anything sharp on the screen, but so far the screen is scratch free. It does get smudgy, but I can easily wipe it away with a soft cloth like material. I'd say it would be a good idea to get a nice solid rubber case to absorb shock if dropped. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones