• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does Verizon have refurb Incredibles?

actually just because its in a brown box doesnt neccessarily mean its a refurb. I had a warranty replacement for a curve one time, came with just the phone. the esn had never been activated before.

So it may be new anyway, just without the accessories. In any case, the Certified Like New Replacements have like 100 or so points of inspections before being sent out, and they carry the balance of the warranty on the original purchase or 3 months, which ever is longer.
Refurbs suck. And if it comes in a brown box without a battery, it's a refurb. And, according to VZW policy, if you're within your 30 day period, you get new, not some brown boxed refurb.

Upvote 0
I'm getting a replacement too, and OK'd it around the same time. I just got the email with tracking number, and it will be delivered Monday. I'm 99% sure that it is a new one since they told me that they would bill my account for the $300 upgrade price and I'll have to do the $100 rebate again. They will then credit me the $200 when I ship the old one back.

Yeah, I'm quoting myself...

I just got my replacement, and it is a brand new unit. This one even came with the 2GB MicroSD with USB adapter. I didn't get one with my first unit.

Mine was being replaced due to some funky issue with the charge jack that would cause it to launch the TV Out App. When that app launches, I have no audio, so no alarms, no rings, no sounds period. Now I'll hopefully be able to rely on my alarm again.

Upvote 0
Some things I wouldn't mind having refurbished, but I'm not so sure I want my phone refurbished. Yes, it's true that they have to go through inspections, but that doesn't mean it's going to be just like new. Think of it like a salvaged car, it's just not a good idea. This may be cynical thinking, but if it's already broken before or had defects, it's more likely that something will go wrong again. Word of advice on this topic, don't buy a refurbished TV!

Upvote 0
I got a refurb within my 30 days... and VZW CS said this was because I already got a new phone. This is my 3rd Dinc. I was NOT happy about getting a refurb, but so far, it has been BETTER than either of my new phones I had before. The only problem I see is shotty design where the speaker is..meaning the red speaker is a little off, but only OCD me can see. I still think its just shotty design..

Upvote 0
I guess i will find out on monday whether it is new or refurb. But what do you guys think i might be getting? New or refurb?

I spoke with a tech yesterday, and she told me that even if it comes in a brown box (no back - no battery), it's a new phone. My concern was that I'm within my 30 days, but can't get a new replacement at BB because they're sold out. She said they don't technically have refurbs yet, so that I'm getting a new phone. I guess we'll see when it arrives on Wednesday. She could have been just trying to get my off the phone. Hell - as long as it works better than my current, I'm good!

Upvote 0
I sent mine in a week after I bought one on launch day. The plastic that covers the camera lens started to come loose to the point dust was getting under it.

I was fedexed a brown box refurb. I was not sure it was a refurb until I received an email that told me how to activate my 'like new replacement".

It was a PIA getting Verizon to agree to send me a new one, (which is still on backorder of course), but I have confirmed that they still have my order in for a new phone.

I understand refurbs may have higher standards, and honestly, I can't find anything wrong with my refurb, but I think of it like buying a new car.

I buy a brand new car, get it home for a week, but one of the windows does not roll down all the way. I take it back to the dealership, they say no problem, you can take the same model/year car home someone returned last week and we gave it a 100 point inspection, BUT we can't tell you why it was returned nor what they did with it when they had it, nor (for the sake of the phone comparison) how many miles they put on the engine.

Just how I feel, I would rather wait for a brand spankin' new car straight from the dealership!

Upvote 0
I spoke with a tech yesterday, and she told me that even if it comes in a brown box (no back - no battery), it's a new phone. My concern was that I'm within my 30 days, but can't get a new replacement at BB because they're sold out. She said they don't technically have refurbs yet, so that I'm getting a new phone. I guess we'll see when it arrives on Wednesday. She could have been just trying to get my off the phone. Hell - as long as it works better than my current, I'm good!

Well - forget all this. I just found a BB with some in stock and they swapped it out for an actual new one. So far - so good!

Upvote 0
I sent mine in a week after I bought one on launch day. The plastic that covers the camera lens started to come loose to the point dust was getting under it.

I was fedexed a brown box refurb. I was not sure it was a refurb until I received an email that told me how to activate my 'like new replacement".

It was a PIA getting Verizon to agree to send me a new one, (which is still on backorder of course), but I have confirmed that they still have my order in for a new phone.

I understand refurbs may have higher standards, and honestly, I can't find anything wrong with my refurb, but I think of it like buying a new car.

I buy a brand new car, get it home for a week, but one of the windows does not roll down all the way. I take it back to the dealership, they say no problem, you can take the same model/year car home someone returned last week and we gave it a 100 point inspection, BUT we can't tell you why it was returned nor what they did with it when they had it, nor (for the sake of the phone comparison) how many miles they put on the engine.

Just how I feel, I would rather wait for a brand spankin' new car straight from the dealership!

Too bad car dealers don't give new cars when something goes wrong with your new car. In fact, they don't even give you a refurbed car. They repair your car. Even if it is a day old. So using your metaphor, as in thinking of it like a new car, you are lucky they give you a replacement at all. Wouldn't it stink if they just took it in for repair?

Upvote 0
Ok so i got my replacement yesterday since i was not home on monday to receive it.

Now i do not know if the phone was a refurb or new what do you guys think?
Phone came in brown box.
Box had 2 green stickers on it.
no stickers on the phone, anywhere.
in the box was a phone and a back cover (no battery), which is odd because refurbs come with only the phone..
after activation, i had to update

I think it is new.. but i do not know because of the stickers on the box.. someone said stickers mean refurb.

Be it a refurb or new, i don't give a sh*t anymore because my problems are all gone.
the phone is no longer restarting every 2 minutes. the screen is not becoming unresponsive.

other differences i noticed: the squeaking from the sides of the phone is gone ( i am guessing it has to do with the back cover)

and this totally surprised me.. i remember so many people were talking about pink hue.. and that it was normal to have a slight pink hue. there were pictures in some thread of the slight pink hue and people were stating that it was normal so i never questioned it again. BULLSHIT, my new/refurb phone has NO PINK ANYWHERE!!!! there should be no pink hue anywhere. easy way to check: turn off auto brightness, put it in lowest setting, now if the black and gray parts have ANY pink hue it is a bad screen. my new phone has nothing like that. now i cannot believe i sucked it up before and accepted it to be normal.

my new phone could not be better!!! be it refurb or new. and people if there is pink, call verizon and get a replacement

Upvote 0
The new replacement I picked up at BBuy the other day was missing the pink hue as well. Did they change screen hardware during this backorder?

Ok so i got my replacement yesterday since i was not home on monday to receive it.

Phone came in brown box.
in the box was a phone and a back cover (no battery), which is odd because refurbs come with only the phone..

I think it is new.. but i do not know because of the stickers on the box.. someone said stickers mean refurb.

Be it a refurb or new, i don't give a sh*t anymore because my problems are all gone.
the phone is no longer restarting every 2 minutes. the screen is not becoming unresponsive.

other differences i noticed: the squeaking from the sides of the phone is gone ( i am guessing it has to do with the back cover)

and this totally surprised me.. i remember so many people were talking about pink hue.. and that it was normal to have a slight pink hue. there were pictures in some thread of the slight pink hue and people were stating that it was normal so i never questioned it again. BULLSHIT, my new/refurb phone has NO PINK ANYWHERE!!!! there should be no pink hue anywhere. easy way to check: turn off auto brightness, put it in lowest setting, now if the black and gray parts have ANY pink hue it is a bad screen. my new phone has nothing like that. now i cannot believe i sucked it up before and accepted it to be normal.

my new phone could not be better!!! be it refurb or new. and people if there is pink, call verizon and get a replacement

Upvote 0

Phone came in brown box.

I got my refurb yesterday. I agree with you completely, it is so apparent with the two phones next to each other that the old phone had a NASTY pink hue. I never really noticed it until they were side-by-side, but the new one is just perfect. Grays are actually gray and the colors do not look grossly oversaturated. The refurb was completely perfect condition and even seems to be of better build quality than my last 2 incredibles. I couldnt be happier right now with my refurb

+1 with the refurb!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones