• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Doesnt connect to network and I know why

2nice

Lurker
Jan 19, 2010
I thought I would share my experience with my HTC Hero and its in ability to all the sudden connect to the network. I woke up today and my htc hero would not connect to the network. I may have powered my phone down for the first time in weeks last night and that what caused it to not be able to connect. Anyhow, the culprit?......the "wheres my droid" application. I put this on my phone a month ago and I had problems with my phone, so I deleted it and a handful of other apps that I thought might have messed up my phone. Then I tried it again about a week ago, and just this morning my phone stop connecting to the network. As a result I deleted it cuz it was the last app i downloaded. Presto, my phone started working again!!! I went to the sprint store and everything and they didnt know what was wrong with it and were about to switch me to a new hero. I said HOLD ON, I dont want a new phone and have to set it up all over again!!! So I gave it one last go and deleted that app- and bada bing. Wheres my droid application is a virus for the hero!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones