• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Done with Android. Switching to Iphone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first android phone was a Droid X. Great phone, or at least the hardware was great. Software-wise there was a lot to be desired.

My second android phone was the EVO 3D. Great phone, awesome phone but it suffers from some occasional quirks that I can only attribute to the Android OS. Occasional freezes are the most annoying.
I am just tired of it. I want all the features to work and work reliably. I am tired of something not working. Usually the camera, when you need it in a hurry.

I am done with Android. I am switching over to the Iphone 5 as soon as Sprint releases it.
Android has many different variant and has many different vendors. Having problem with one variant or one vendor's model does not mean it is the same with all of them, and definitely not because of Android itself.

iPhone has its fair share of issues as well. So good luck on that. Keep in mind your neighbor grass might look greener, but in fact it is not.

I have my Samsung Fascinate for over a year now and I have just bought the 4G Galaxy Tab 10.1 a couple months ago. I don't have any issue whatsoever. I love my phone and my Tab.

Upvote 0
Just seen tonights Ortiz vs Mayweather HBO fight on my on my Droid, iPhone 5 would never be able to do that.

Flash FTW.

You gotta be crazy to use any mobile apple product.

iPhone is a thing of the past.

Oh dear God, nooo.... I will not have Flash on my iPhone 5...

By the way Adobe caved in on this. Having tired old Flash is no longer necessary. Google this...
Adobe caves and adds HTML5 support to its Flash Media Server

Upvote 0
Android has many different variant and has many different vendors. Having problem with one variant or one vendor's model does not mean it is the same with all of them, and definitely not because of Android itself.

iPhone has its fair share of issues as well. So good luck on that. Keep in mind your neighbor grass might look greener, but in fact it is not.

I have my Samsung Fascinate for over a year now and I have just bought the 4G Galaxy Tab 10.1 a couple months ago. I don't have any issue whatsoever. I love my phone and my Tab.

The only way I would buy an Android tablet over the iPad 2 is if there were a significant discount over the iPad 2. Otherwise why bother buying the Also-ran product? I would get the real thing. But that's just me.... Good luck with the Galaxy Tab

Upvote 0
My first android phone was a Droid X. Great phone, or at least the hardware was great. Software-wise there was a lot to be desired.

My second android phone was the EVO 3D. Great phone, awesome phone but it suffers from some occasional quirks that I can only attribute to the Android OS. Occasional freezes are the most annoying.
I am just tired of it. I want all the features to work and work reliably. I am tired of something not working. Usually the camera, when you need it in a hurry.

I am done with Android. I am switching over to the Iphone 5 as soon as Sprint releases it.
I had the EVO 3D. That was the most worst Android device I ever tried. lol Enjoy the iPhone 5 when it comes out. You will miss customization tho.

Reactions: dellbx
Upvote 0
I had the EVO 3D. That was the most worst Android device I ever tried. lol Enjoy the iPhone 5 when it comes out. You will miss customization tho.

That has not been my experience with the EVO 3D. I think the EVO 3D is by far the best Android phone on the market (I am such an authority on Android phones. I have only touched the Droid X and the EVO 3D).

I really like my EVO 3D. It works well, it is fast, and it is reliable. Were it not for the few Android OS gremlins that pop up here and there I would probably not be switching phones.

Upvote 0
If you want something reliable then definitely go with mac... that's exactly why there are websites like macfixit.com and macfixitforums.com... because they're so reliable.

I hope everyone else thinks you're cool with your overpriced fashion accessory, all features of which will be paralleled and surpassed soon after its release. <3

For the record, I have an LG Ally, which is arguably one of the most pathetic android devices ever produced... but thanks to open source development it is now an incredible little piece of equipment which is infinitely customizable, has everything I could ever want and cost less than any mac product.

Upvote 0
boo...root ur phone and overclock it!!! EVO3D would be like twice as fast software and hardware wise than a dumb iphone 5....let alone iphone 4 which is now caveman technology compared to android phones today. Android will always be better than ios and it might always lag too. Android lags and i hate that and everyone hates when scrolling and it lags. Truth is, phones shud not lag when doign something as simple as scrolling on a homepage. Android just has mood-swings and feels like slowing down at random times. Thats the only area where ios beats android...

Upvote 0
They won't start a thread about leaving my HTC for Samsung etc.etc..but enjoy stating they are leaving Android for iphone.

Oh, we've seen threads around the various device, manufacturer and carrier sub-forums declaring their departure away from one that "sucks" or whatever and heading to the one that "everyone knows is better."

We have to monitor those threads closely for

sony_kotaku_slap_fight.jpg

as we have been monitoring this thread. ;)

Upvote 0
That has not been my experience with the EVO 3D. I think the EVO 3D is by far the best Android phone on the market (I am such an authority on Android phones. I have only touched the Droid X and the EVO 3D).

I really like my EVO 3D. It works well, it is fast, and it is reliable. Were it not for the few Android OS gremlins that pop up here and there I would probably not be switching phones.
I must of had a bad EVO 3D because mine would freeze, reboot shut down. you name it. Besides those bugs my phone had, it was a good phones. I loved the FM Radio that came with it.

Upvote 0
i came from apple but i like android better i love color notes could not live without but as an apple user it does freeze up and since you cant pop the battery out it can take awhile for you to be able to soft reset it anyway its your choice i hope it does what you need it to life is too short to grioe about a phone if it works for you then thats great dont care one way or another what phone a person has as long as your happy then i am too good luck---tom

Reactions: dellbx
Upvote 0
That's correct, but rather than be an Android beta user (because let's face it, we're beta testers for Android), it's well known that Apple makes a good product.

Is it as customizable? No. Is the GUI as nice? Objective. Is it more reliable? Absolutely.

Apple is more reliable because they dont innovate. Sure they call themselves innovators. Whatever. Everything that comes out on their phones are stuff that has been around for years. iPhone 4 finally got Facetime! Nokia phones have being doing that for what, 7 years? Ooooh, they finally got multitasking: again, Nokia phones have been there, done that, for the past 7 years. As for the other stuff? They're copying from Android.

They're reliable because they dont bring anything new to the market (the last new thing they brought was the interface, about the time the first iPhone came out). They're reliable because they get tried and tested stuff, slap it onto their phone and call it new. And market it very well. But they're reliable.

Android is for the geeks who look at something new, and say: "I dont care if we're not fully optimized! I dont care if it will cost! I dont care! I want that thing because its new and powerful! I want that quad-core!" Not much different from people who say "I dont care what you say, I want an iPhone".

Thing is, the Droid army wants to live on the cutting edge, want to get the latest and greatest that technology has to offer. The iSheep on the other hand are herded by Apple, who tells them: No, I dont think you need it yet, so I wont give it to you.

Reactions: substring
Upvote 0
That's correct, but rather than be an Android beta user (because let's face it, we're beta testers for Android), it's well known that Apple makes a good product.

Is it as customizable? No. Is the GUI as nice? Objective. Is it more reliable? Absolutely.

More reliable? please, they had a big antenna issue and have issues with every phone they released. They are absolutely no different than the next manufacture. In the end, it is a personal preference.

Upvote 0
They've had one issue, while Android has at least one issue on every device they offer.

Innovative or not, they are more reliable.

It's easy for a bad experience to cast a dark cloud over anything. There are many people who refuse to buy Samsung phones, Ford cars, Sherwin Williams paint, Ikea furniture and even Apple products just because they had issues with a product they purchased. However, assuming an entire product line or brand is flawed because of one bad experience is a rather narrow view of things. Any manufactured product will have a few clunkers that sneak out to the consumer.

Truth is Apple has had many more than one issue over the various models of iPhone. The antenna problem was just the most widely discussed. They've had their share of screen problems, battery issues, incompatibilities and glitches. A few minutes in any iPhone support forum will demonstrate that.

Apple has three things going for it ... a very loyal and forgiving user base, a generous return/repair/replacement policy and a very good marketing team always at the ready to deflect responsibility or downplay the issue .

That, and a fanatical devotion to the pope .... four, FOUR things ... now bring out the comfy chair.

Reactions: B2L
Upvote 0
It's easy for a bad experience to cast a dark cloud over anything. There are many people who refuse to buy Samsung phones, Ford cars, Sherwin Williams paint, Ikea furniture and even Apple products just because they had issues with a product they purchased. However, assuming an entire product line or brand is flawed because of one bad experience is a rather narrow view of things. Any manufactured product will have a few clunkers that sneak out to the consumer.

Truth is Apple has had many more than one issue over the various models of iPhone. The antenna problem was just the most widely discussed. They've had their share of screen problems, battery issues, incompatibilities and glitches. A few minutes in any iPhone support forum will demonstrate that.

Apple has three things going for it ... a very loyal and forgiving user base, a generous return/repair/replacement policy and a very good marketing team always at the ready to deflect responsibility or downplay the issue .

That, and a fanatical devotion to the pope .... four, FOUR things ... now bring out the comfy chair.

May I just add the many "broken home buttons" on iphones. That button does see a lot of action.

Upvote 0
They've had one issue, while Android has at least one issue on every device they offer.

Innovative or not, they are more reliable.

Apple use the litmus paper test for water damage and have it in crazy places, so any sweat, moisture from using your phone outdoors according to Apple is water damaged and your screwed and they know this just by looking on the outside and don't look on the inside.

Itunes has loads of bugged apps or misleading app info. There seems to be very little Quality control and its buyer beware, at least Android gives you a 15 min refund policy.

Upvote 0
Wow, now I really do not know what to do. I bought the HTC Thunderbolt, first android device, for the first two weeks LOVED it, but then everything went haywire and now I hate it. Both my husband and I got the Thunderbolt, his rarely ever comes out of 1x and mine has to have the battery recharged by lunch, even though all it does it sit on my desk. Usually at the one moment I really need it, I have no 1x, no 3g, nothing, cannot even use it. Absolutely hate this phone and was considering switching to iPhone, but after reading the posts to this thread, I now have no idea what to do....

Upvote 0
Wow, now I really do not know what to do. I bought the HTC Thunderbolt, first android device, for the first two weeks LOVED it, but then everything went haywire and now I hate it. Both my husband and I got the Thunderbolt, his rarely ever comes out of 1x and mine has to have the battery recharged by lunch, even though all it does it sit on my desk. Usually at the one moment I really need it, I have no 1x, no 3g, nothing, cannot even use it. Absolutely hate this phone and was considering switching to iPhone, but after reading the posts to this thread, I now have no idea what to do....

Get the phone you want. No phone is 100% reliable, thats just it. If you get a phone, whether its iPhone, Android, BB or whatever, you run the risk of getting a problem. If the phone is not working correctly, as you said your phone was, there's always the way of simply fixing it.

For example, your old phone the Thunderbolt, if it worked the first few weeks, and barring an internal damage, it could have been fixed by a simple format.

Or you could always use the warranty and get it replaced.

Reactions: B2L and dellbx
Upvote 0
Get the phone you want. No phone is 100% reliable, thats just it. If you get a phone, whether its iPhone, Android, BB or whatever, you run the risk of getting a problem. If the phone is not working correctly, as you said your phone was, there's always the way of simply fixing it.

For example, your old phone the Thunderbolt, if it worked the first few weeks, and barring an internal damage, it could have been fixed by a simple format.

Or you could always use the warranty and get it replaced.

Thanks, it wasnt internal damage, many TB others began experiencing many of the same issues at that time. For some the OTA fixed it for others it did not. Honestly, for the price we paid for our phones and for the amount of our monthly bill, Verizon has been extremely unreasonable. We have gone to them multiple times with our issues and they keep telling us the same thing, a fix is coming. The same thing we have been hearing since the beginning of April.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones