• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Don't downgrade your bootloader!

M

Member1660584

I see a few people with the E4 and E4 Plus posting elsewhere about possibly bricking their devices after flashing stock firmware. I think some may be flashing an older firmware than what they where running and it is probably due to flashing an older bootloader. You can downgrade your firmware version if you want to, or are just trying to get up and running again, but do not flash the bootloader along with the rest of a stock firmware package unless it is the same or newer version than what your already running! As long as the system, oem and modem/fsg are flashed from the same firmware, you should be able to skip flashing the bootloader. The only other reason I can see for anyone "bricking" their devices is because they have an unlocked bootloader and either didn't wipe data when flashing, didn't wait long enough for the device to boot, or didn't flash a zip to disable dmverity/for encryption.

Last edited by a moderator:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones